THE TEARS WE DON'T SHARE

The sound of the doorknob alerted Teresa of movement at her door. She turned around to see Lucas standing at the entrance of her room, looking at the already made bed.

"Lucas?" – she picked her son up, the boy snuggling to her immediately – "What are you doing up, baby? It's barely six thirty."

He looked at her with wide eyes, biting slightly on his lip.

"Baby?" – she was getting slightly worried.

"I wanted to make suwe Daddy didn't go away." – he whispered, hiding slightly in her hair – "And I wanted to cuddle."

"Oh, champ." – she hugged him closer – "Daddy is in the guest bedroom. He will never leave without saying goodbye to you first."

"He has to go?" – the sad little voice almost broke her heart.

"He is a driver, baby. He drives a really fast car, like the one Sebbie showed you, remember?" – he nodded – "Well, they travel all around the world. Like Miguel Oliveira in the Moto GP, you know? Daddy is a F1 driver."

Lucas was even more in awe of his father, his eyes brightening at his mother's tale.

Teresa smiled at him, running her fingers through his curls – "You can ask Daddy all about his job when he wakes up, okay?"

"'Kay." – Lucas replied with a yawn.

"You need to go back to bed, champ."

"Noooo." – Lucas whined holding her tighter – "Don't wanna be alone."

Teresa sighed slightly. She had made a point of getting up earlier so she could tackle some disregarded house chores.

"What about you go cuddle with Daddy?" – she suggested.

"Weally? Daddy don't mind?"

"I'm sure he won't mind, baby." – she smiled, as she started to walk in the direction of the guest's bedroom.

She knocked lightly on the door, waiting patiently until she heard a muffled "come in".

Nothing could have prepared Teresa for the sight of Daniel, just in a pair of black boxers, laying on the bed.

Her eyes roamed freely, taking in the definition of his arms and abdomen, the muscles of his legs and how tantalizing the tattoos on his thighs were. She noticed his tousled curls and almost twitched with the urge to touch them.

Daniel's eyes were also raking appreciatively through her figure; her long legs that were clad just in a pair of shorts and her generous bosom, that Lucas' innocent hold on her shirt had made more evident.

His eyes met her glazed green ones and she blushed profusely.

Teresa was sure she was flushed from head to toe. The heat was coursing through her veins and her heart was beating furiously.

"Mamã, you're warm. Ugh." – Lucas complained, bringing her back to reality.

She cleared her throat, before addressing Daniel, who was eyeing her with a slight smirk – "Ahm, Lucas wanted to cuddle with you. It's early and he's still quite sleepy."

"'m not." – Lucas said stifling another yawn. Daniel raised an eyebrow at him – "But I want to cuddle, Daddy."

He made grabby hands at him and Daniel took him in his arms, the kid snuggling into his chest immediately.

"Ahm, I'll just go..." – Teresa mumbled, before leaving the room and closing the door. She was pretty sure she was going to be sinning in her head for the rest of the morning.