n e i l

Avni started changing into her normal clothes in changing room, she sighed running her hands through her now curly hair, the makeup artist who had made helped her in getting ready, had used too much of hair spray to keep her hair in place and now she could feel how bad it was.

She decided to cover them with beanie, grumbling slightly. She hoped her hairs were not much damaged, she didn't want to take nest as hair to her university. Avni almost hit herself for having so irrelevant thoughts when she should be thinking about her performance, will she win this year too? She was not sure, there were many mesmerising performance before her, total six people had performed, six best pianist from Maharashtra's six best university.

She had been representing her university from second year, she just hoped she manages to win this time too.

She exited the changing room when she was dressed in jeans and a sweater which was loose on her profile and her kurti packed in her bag. She readjusted her beanie, her eyes moved to door of her backstage room, where a knock was heard, she frowned, since when did Riya started to knock on door.

She muttered a come in, curious of who it might be, the door opened, a man dressed in jeans, black turtle neck and beige cardigan stood there, he was tall, very tall. His face was covered with scarf and head with baseball cap. Avni recognised that built, she knew who dressed like that, only one name came to her mind and it felt childish to her.

"Hello Avni," Avni felt her breath being knocked out of her lungs when she heard the familiar voice, he closed the door behind him, removing his scarf and hat.

She could not stop the tears which gathered in her eyes, when she saw the familiar dimple, she covered her mouth as Neil-Neil Khanna walked inside the room more, he had a soft smile on his face.

His eyes bright, his dimple was prominent as ever as he smiled, his tanned skin glistening under the light. He was very tall, it was unbelievable as he stood in front of her.

"Ne. . . Neil ?" she shuttered, his smile increased. He just stood there at a respectful distance and it was like he was letting her get used to him.

She wiped her tears away hurriedly, not wanting to make him uncomfortable, her hands were trembling, was her idol really standing in front of her?

"Your performance was beautiful," he softly complimented, his deep voice feeling Avni's senses.

"You saw it?" she asked, he grinned. "I came to the recital for it, other were supposed to join me too but they got caught up, so I decided to show up alone," all the others were supposed to join too? He came to recital to watch her performance? Tears again gathered around in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as his eyes watched her teary eyes in concern, "I'm sorry just give me a minute, I. . .I just can't believe this. . .I. . .I can't believe you are here," she trembled, Neil nodded he looked around the room, he moved towards the dressing table and brought a bottle of water with him, uncapping it he offered it to her.

"It's okay, I'm sorry I think I should have let the company send you an email informing you about me attending the recital and meeting you," his voice was now filled with guilt, as she gulped down the water. Avni could not believe how he was being so sweet, human like him existed? What was he a fictional man written by women?

"No. . .No. . .you didn't have to do that, I'm sorry I'm such a mess right now," Avni muttered trying her best to calm herself, she took deep breaths and then straightened up, "You all know about the fact I play?" she dumbly asked, referring to other three members Vidhyut, Karan and Ali after calming herself.

Neil smiled, "We saw your last year's performance after it got pretty famous, we were planning to mention you and meet you but then we dropped a new album, we got busy with it but recently Ali stumbled upon your account again and saw notice about this recital, so we decided to attend recital and meet you but as you can see there were some change of plans only I could make it,"

It took Avni a minute to process the information that they had listened to her, they had heard her. "This sounds so unreal," she muttered dazed making Neil laugh, the beautiful sound traveled around her, the voice was so much deeper than she heard through videos and audios.

"Well it's very much real Avni and it feels so good to finally meet you, the way you play is mesmerising, enchanting even," he expressed sincerity seeping through his tone, "Thank you, Thank you so much," she thanked bowing down.

"No, thank you for playing our song," he insisted, Avni could not really believe how nice he was being.

He checked the time on his phone, "Wow it's late, you must be hungry, there must be a place around where we can eat,"

"Eat?" She asked and checked the time on her watch, it was fifteen past ten, "But. . .you will be late- you must be busy," Neil laughed, Avni was thankful her body was covered so he could not see goosebumps rising.

"Thank you for worrying about me Avni, but I will manage," he assured, Avni felt her cheeks flushing, she needed to act normal, she didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

Not when he had made time out of his schedule to see her recital and meet her, so many fans dream about this moment she should not ruin it just because she can't believe it. She can't make her idol uncomfortable.

"Um. . .sure. . .just let me contact my friend, she was also here," she said hurriedly, pulling her phone out while Neil nodded and looked around the room as opened her phone.

Riya:
Hey, I recorded the performance.

And also I'm leaving, make sure
to eat.

Sorry I could not meet you.

Avni:
It's okay.

And thank you.

Good night.

She looked towards Neil who was looking at her piano sheet, she cleared her throat to get his attention, Neil smiled sheepishly, "I'm sorry I hope you don't mind me looking through this," he apologised showing the sheet, Avni smiled, "No it's okay,"

Neil nodded, returning the sheets to her, Avni kept them in her bag.

"So you know any place around?" Avni nodded, "Around the corner, there's a good restaurant, we can go there," she muttered.

•••

few hours early update!!! i will be busy tomorrow toh i thought to update today. take care, happy new year in advance!!

also this book will be updated every saturday!!

all the love.