34

~Avery~

We both let out small sighs as our lips parted, looking into each other's eyes with small smiles on our faces.
"I'm so love struck. It almost feels unreal." he said, not taking his eyes off mine
I simply replied with a small nod, not able to talk at the moment. I was out of breath. He was panting too but not as much as me.

"I really missed you." he said, gently brushing hair strands that laid on my face behind my ear, making me feel more comfortable.
His smile grew when he noticed how breathless he'd left me, I almost felt embarrassed.

The kiss felt different but then it was still enough to knock me off balance. I loved it

"Don't... Don't give me... That smile." I frowned, annoyed at the ego he was already building up just by looking at the condition he left me. I couldn't talk without stuttering, still had a little bit more panting to do.

He chuckled a bit, taking a step away from me, probably to give me more air. His gesture both infuriated and embarrassed.

I glared at him, pouting at him and letting out a 'Hmph' before turning around, with my mind set on heading for the kitchen.

"Woah. Where are you going?" he asked, grabbing my wrist before I could take another step, stopping me in my tracks. He tried sounding like some kind of intimidating bully while I was some kind of weak bullied girl.

I sighed for a second, closing my eyes, hoping to gather up all the possible anger I could and push it out through a glare, a scary one. Just so he'd be freaked out a bit.

Guessing my face was already emitting the powerful glare I was hoping for, I turned around to meet his amused gaze. I struggled holding back a laugh as soon as I saw his expression change from amused to shocked.

He let go of my wrist without even knowing.

Just as my ego was about growing, he let out a chuckle. It sounded like he was trying to hold it back.

I frowned as his amusement grew bigger, killing my ego.

Did I make some sort of clown face instead of glaring?

Holding back a facepalm was almost impossible at this point.

He gave up on holding back any chuckle seconds later, bursting into laughter then grabbing my wrist again, pulling me to him this time and giving me a bare hug.

I growled, trying to push him away but there was no way he was going to let me off his grip.

"It's been so long since I laughed like this. It's been weeks." he laughed out while I was still under his embrace.

He had no hint of sadness in his tone when he said that, just plain joy.
Hearing that calmed me down. Knowing I was the cause of his laugh in a while made me feel accomplished but then again, knowing he hadn't laughed in a while bothered me.

This moment of joy was only temporary for now. If I want it permanently, I have a lot of work to do.

I didn't hug back because I was still annoyed and embarrassed, but I think he enjoyed that fact. "Don't put that much energy into a glare if you don't wanna end up looking like some kinda constipated she goat" he said as soon as he broke the hug, earning a nice punch on the stomach from me.

I smiled at he took three steps back with his hand consoling his now burning abdomen. His pain could reflect on his face. I almost laughed.

"Damn." he cursed, trying to stand straight and ignore the pain, but he struggled.

I gave him a few more seconds to recover a bit more before finally releasing a heavy laugh, killing his ego.

He shot me a 'this means war' glare before finally standing up right and looking straight at me, taking a few breaths before finally speaking up "You definitely don't punch like someone that just got out of the hospital."

I didn't say anything, just stare, internalizing the pained look he had on his face before turning around again, mind still set on the kitchen.

An annoyed sigh escaped my lips without me even knowing as soon as I felt his grip on my wrist again.

I calmed myself, before turning to meet his gaze. He really has balls.

"Where are you going?" he asked again, actually wanting an answer.
"I'm not running away if that's what you think." I rolled my eyes at how concerned he was. I could guess there were things around he probably didn't want me seeing but at the moment, I was more hungry than I was curious.

He said nothing but his eyes were digging to deep into me and making me feel uncomfortable, forcing me to spill the tea. "I want to go to the kitchen"

"Why?" he asked, frowning a bot out of confusion.
"To make my breakfast duh" I said, pulling my wrist off his light grip.
"Your breakfast?" now his frown grew, put he wasn't annoyed. I could tell he was excited for another argument but I wasn't about to let him have it.

"If you want your breakfast you better join me in the kitchen." I gave him the condition, hoping he wouldn't make things difficult my saying no.

"Make for the both of us. I'm tired" he whined, smiling as a frown got planted on my face.
"Are you serious?"
"Nope." he said, popping the p then lifting me up bridal style all of a sudden.
A 'woah' escaped my mouth when I realized my position. I was impressed at how fast he was.

"Let's eat out." he said. "We could pay visits to other places while we're at it. I don't want you in the kitchen. Neither do I want to be in the kitchen. We're both too lazy to handle that" he said, heading for the stairs.
"Speak for yourself." I mumbled, with my eyes fixed on him. I enjoyed the view of his face from here.

He had his eyes on where he was heading to so he didn't realize I was starring.

"So where are we going?" I asked when we finally reached the top of the stairs.

"To our room" he simply said as a smirk slowly grew on his face making me raise an eyebrow as my suspicion grew.
"To?"
"Have our bath" he finally grinned as those words escaped his mouth.

"There's no way that's happening", my wolf and I mentally whispered.