Chapter 3

I pull into the driveway and close my door as quiet as possible not wanting to wake Greg and mom if they're asleep

I walk along the rocky path as I reach the door I notice it's slightly open. I don't think anything of it as I make my way into the pitch black house quietly walking to my room.

The floor boards beneath me creak as I crinkle up my face trying to avoid the creaky parts of the floor.

"And what are you doing home so late?"
A sudden voice says i whip my head around to see Greg's silhouette standing next to my door.

"I was just at the wreck having dinner" i mutter as I make my way past him into my bedroom. I shiver as I feel his arm slither around my wrist holding it with force.

"And you didn't think to by your father any?" He spits as he grips my upper arm. I already know there is going to be bruises.

"Your not my father!" I spit back as I try to move out of his grip, "what was that?" He says as he slams me against the wall griping onto my hair tightly.

I let out a hiss of pain as my face connects with the wall and whimper as he rips my hair back. I feel his lower bottom pressing into the small of my back.

Tears well up in my eyes as he adjusts himself. He begins to undo his belt buckle and grips at the waistband of my shorts

"Answer me or I'll make you" he whispers in my ear sending a sick feeling to my stomach.

"I said you'll never be my father!" I yell as I place my foot behind his calf and kick forwards sending him straight to the ground. Unfortunately he still has grip on my hair so I fly back aswell.

I quickly get out of his grip as he holds his head "You ungrateful little bitch!" He spits, I attempt to run away but he grabs my ankle sending me straight down.

I hit my head on the edge of my bed feeling a sharp pain on my forehead I lift my hand and look down at it a second later. Crimson blood covers my hand i whimper as I get to my feet as quickly as I could.

Greg is getting up off the ground slowly. I take this as my chance and run for my window, I open it with a click
"Where do you think your going!?" He yells as I feel him tug at my hair harshly. I elbow him in the ribs as I jump out of my window feeling my feet hit the grass below.

I feel blood drip down my face as I start to run for my jeep. I reach the door and feel my pockets for my keys, they're not here.
Fuck fuck. They must have dropped when I climbed out of the window. FUCK!

I frantically feel around my pockets again.
I hear the front door start to open but before I could see who it was I run onto the road. Greg runs out of the yard close behind me "GET BACK HERE APRIL!"
He screams as I hear his footsteps behind me.

I start to pant as I feel dizzy but I continue to swing my arms and move my legs as quick as they could. The foot steps behind me come to a stop and I look behind me and see Greg leaning over coughing he is really unfit I still continue to jog slightly not wanting to go back home.