Chapter 13: Support and My Own

Disclaimer: all the characters besides Hikari and her family belong to Takeshi Konomi.

&$@@&&

Next day....

I went the the university office to put my resignation of my attendance. I couldn't afford to continue my education at the university. I walked out of the office and saw Viktoria coming towards me. "What happened?" she asked. I looked at her. "I'm dropping out," I said. "What?! why?" she asked. I looked around and whispered in her ears.

"I'm pregnant," I said and pulled back. I should see the shock on her face. "What really?!" she asked still in shock. I nodded my head. "How?" she asked me. I looked around again. "Can we talk in private?' I asked. She quickly nodded her head and we went to her small apartment.

She gave me a glass of water. I told her everything from the beginning. I told her how I met Tezuka at the day of the tournament. Then I told her the day where he asked me to be his girlfriend. Then I told her about our trip to Italy. Then I told her about the day when he broke up with me. Then I told her about the doctor's appointment and my disownment. The last part I told her was my plans for the time being.

She listened to every word I said. She gave me a hug. "I will help as much as I can," she said. "Thank you. I hope you don't tell anyone," I said to her. "Of course. You're my best friend. I won't tell. I promise," she said with a smile. She was really the best friend that I could ever ask for. I showed her my ultrasound and she was so happy to see.

"You should make a scrap book of the ultrasound pictures for every month," she said. I smiled at the idea. "That's a great idea," I said. I saw her go to her room and brought out a blank scrapbook and some colored paper. We worked on the first page of the scrap book. It came out great. There was space for me to write a little message. "Can I get a pen?" I asked, "Sure," she said and grabbed a pen for me.

I proceed to write a message.

Hi little one

It's mommy. I just found out about you. I want you to grow big and strong for me. Okay. Mommy is going to take good care of you. I am so happy. I hope your happy to.

Love Mommy

Viktoria saw the message and wanted to cry. "That is beautiful," she said. I looked up to her. "Me too," I said. I closed the book and put the book in my bag. Viktoria cleaned the table of scraps. She turned to me. "What about the book that you have been working so hard on?" she asked.

I let out a sigh. "To tell you the truth, I am going to finish it, but I am not going to publish it," I said. I saw her thinking about it and nodded that she understood. I told her that I started to write another book. I showed her the first few chapters. She stared to read the pages. After an hour, she looked up at me.

"This is great so far!," she said. "Thank you," I told her. I told her that the book should be done in a few months. I told her that I planned to write some children picture books. "Would you like to illustrate my books for me?" I asked. I knew she studied art in the university and had a degree in arts as well. "Of course!" she said. I showed her the first picture book that I was working on. She said that she would get right on to it.

We heard my stomach growl. I put a hand on my stomach. We laughed and smiled. "The baby must be hungry," she said I nodded in agreement. She made some pasta and some salad for me. It had everything that I needed and the baby needed to grow.

It was getting late and I needed to go home and rest. She walked me home so that I didn't hurt myself. I gave her a hug goodbye. She told me that she would help me with packing tomorrow. I walked inside the apartment and went to eat a small snack before I went to bed. I needed to eat and the baby too.

After the snack, I went to bed. I washed up and went under the cover. I took the scrap book with me to bed. I opened the page and put a hand on my stomach.

"Good night baby," I whispered. I put the book on the nightstand and turned the lights off.

Two and a half months later....

Alot had happened in the past two and a half months. I moved to a smaller apartment that was a bit away from the university. I was thankful for Viktoria for helping me move my stuff. I went to the consulate and got the new visa.

I went to my monthly check ups for updates on the baby and a new ultrasound picture for the scrapbook. Viktoria came with me as support. I made sure to write a message for every picture I put in the book. So far, the baby was growing fine. I haven't found out the gender yet. I told Dr. Giebel that I didn't want to know until the birth. My mother's intuition told me that the baby was going to be a girl.

The first book was already finished. As I said to myself before, I would not publish it. I did tell myself that I would publish it when I felt that I could let go of Tezuka for good or I thought it was time to get it published. My new book was coming out great. I would probably be done with the book in a few months. I knew it would be done before the baby was born.

The children books were coming out great as well. Viktoria graduated from the university with the master degree and was helping me. Viktoria had finished the illustration of the first book. It was just as I imagined. We agreed to publish the book after the baby was born. In the mean time, I would work on a children book series and she would illustrate them.

There were some news of the disownment from my family. Of course, the press didn't know where I was. This gave me some protection for myself and the baby. I never told Tezuka about my family in detail so he wouldn't make the connection.

I had seen some news in the sports magazine about Tezuka possibly dating a female tennis player Joanna Magnione. I have seen a couple of pictures together with their arms around each other. I didn't care. My baby was my world now.