──── 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙒𝙊

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

The room was quiet besides Light's pacing that didn't help Kurapika and [Y/N] cool their ease.

"They're late..." Light muttered as he walked out of the room and asked one of the men, "Our escort isn't here yet? Their names are Melody and Basho."

"All traffic in Yorknew City has been stopped. They're probably stuck." The man replied.

"It's dangerous for Neon to be here! Isn't there any way to evacuate her?"

"The ambulance we requested is on its way. Please wait a little longer."

"Ambulance?"

"Yes, that's right."

Kurapika narrowed his eyes, 'Something's wrong here. The man who entered the building with Neon and then called for a doctor...' Kurapika heard the door slam as he turned to Light, "Boss-"

"Kurapika, [Y/N], don't take one step away from my daughter until the ambulance arrives. Got it?" He ordered.

"But our assignment is to kill the Phantom Troupe." [Y/N] protested.

"At the time, I thought that Neon would already be home."

[Y/N]'s ears perked up by the sound of many footsteps as she turned her head to the door, "Someone's coming. A group of them." She informed them.

Kurapika's eyes narrowed as he turned to his boss, "Shall we check them out?"

The boss nodded as Kurapika and [Y/N] walked out of the room just to see the bodyguard leading a group of medics towards their room.

"Please allow me to check you all."

"What's that?" the man hissed, but Kurapika and [Y/N] only gave him a blank stare.

"Bastard..." And so, the guards reluctantly let Kurapika check them. When it was done, Kurapika let the medics check on Neon's Conditions.

"You were hired to be an assassin, so stop hiding in this room and go fight. Or did you get scared once the Phantom Troupe showed up?" The man mocked him.

Kurapika and [Y/N] only glared at him.

"Oh...I requested that Kurapika and [Y/N] stay here. I understand that they've been hired by the Ten Dons, but I was worried about my daughter." Light explained.

"I don't intend to sell you out. But you're being paid well, so I expect you to do your job." The man said before he walked out of the room.

Light chuckled nervously.

"I agree that I must do something. [Y/N] and I could at least patrol this building." Kurapika said.

"Yes, I suppose. But you must come immediately if I call. My daughter's safety comes first."