The Nation's Sweetheart

PROMPT: International model Yoon Seri has graced the covers of global magazines and modelled for world-famous designers, but no one really knows who she is

Except for her photographer, who accidentally walks in on one of her private moments. 
-

"Talent is in the building!"

Upon hearing the announcement, Ri Jeong Hyeok looks up from his camera, training his eyes to the door of the studio, curiosity bubbling inside him to finally see in the flesh the world-renowned model he is to photograph that day.

So far, in his young career in the world of photography, Jeong Hyeok has never met a single person who didn't have a magical story to tell about working with the Yoon Seri, the so-called Nation's Sweetheart.

The stories were all impressively consistent, with industry workers praising the beauty's professionalism and punctuality above all.

She was, they said, every photographer's dream subject, for she knew exactly how to work her angles, how to make love to the camera, so to speak, so that any shooting day with her would usually end earlier than scheduled.

Unfortunately, Yoon Seri also didn't talk much. When she did, it was only to greet the people working with her politely or to discuss the direction of the shoot. Nothing more, nothing less.

Because of this, it would readily seem that no one really knew who she truly was. According to the grapevines, even her personal assistants kept mum and didn't divulge much information about the model.

"She chooses her people carefully," someone once told Jeong Hyeok when they first found out he was going to photograph Seri's campaign for an Italian designer. "It's like they're all part of this elite club that no one else is allowed in."

Jeong Hyeok wasn't really one to listen to gossip, especially when it comes to work. His work ethic was very simple - to just do what is asked of him, and to mind his own business.

It was why he liked being behind the lens - all he had to do was take pictures, that's it. He also liked that he can tune everyone out and focus on the subject, so that while the world around him might be making a thousand noises, Jeong Hyeok only hears the clicking of his camera.

That being said, it was extremely difficult for him not to form an impression of Seri, what with everything that's been said about her.

He visualized a beautiful, size-zero mannequin who didn't talk and looked stunning on camera.

Nothing, however, could have prepared him for how breathtaking she truly was once she stepped inside the studio, effectively drawing everyone in the room to flock towards her.

They all fawned over her so much, Jeong Hyeok was surprised that there was no red carpet rolled out on the floor for her.

As he now prepares his equipment for the shoot, testing out several lenses, giving instructions to the lighting crew, the quiet photographer gets the surprise of his life when Seri suddenly appears beside him.