Second Chance

Massie's POV

I can't open my eyes. It hurts because of my nonstop weeping last night. I tried to stand up from lying but my body is still in pain. It feels like my head is going to explode and my temperature is higher than normal. After a few minutes of resting, I finally managed to get up. I went to the bathroom to freshen up.

'Ring! Ring! Ring!'

1 missed call

'Ring! Ring! Ring!'

10 missed calls

'Ring! Ring! Ring!'

20 missed calls

My phone keeps on ringing for twenty one times now. I didn't even bother myself checking on it because I clearly know who it is. I was tempted to pick it up but my mind tells me I'm not yet ready.

Author's POV

"Just kill me now!" Chan cried after receiving no response from the other. He dialled again for the nth time, hoping to hear the voice of Massie from the other end of the line.

"Please answer the phone just once." He muttered.

"Hello?" Massie spoke.

"Hello baby? What's the matter?"

"Mom, Chan and I broke up last night."

"Why? Are you alright?" her mom worriedly asked upon hearing some sobs from the other line.

"Oh? Yes. No. I don't know. I really love him but what he did to me was too much." Massie completely cried while explaining.

"Do you want some company?"

"Don't worry mom, I know you have a lot of work to do. I just made a call to let this out."

"Are you sure? Okay then, just call me if you need someone to talk to. I'm always here for you."

"Thank you for listening mom. I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, Massie ended the call and let out a deep sigh. She doesn't have an appetite because of her sickness. She just decided to go to the drugstore near her house to buy some medicines.

Chan's POV

After some attempts, I failed to speak with her. I just rested my back on the sofa and closed my eyes. I can see Massie's smiling, oh how I love that smile. Her scent was still on the sheets, I really missed her already.

Unconsciously, I started to scan on my phone gallery that full of our photos together. It's been four years already since we first met.

When I stopped at a certain picture, my lips formed a smile not noticing my tears also started to run down my face. It's the day when that girl accepted my heart.

I came back to my senses when I heard a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting some visitors that day that's why I wished it was Massie. With shaky hands, I opened the door.

"Chan!" someone hugged me.

"Oh sis. What brought you here?" sadly, it wasn't her.

"I just missed my baby!"

"I'm not a kid anymore okay? "

"Aish! Why so stubborn? Wait, did you drink?"

"I know that's not the reason so just tell me."

"Geez relax! Okay I'll go straight to the point. Our father wants to start training you how to manage our business in Japan."

"But I thought it was supposed to be next year?"

"Dad will have a business trip to America for six months that's why he wanted you to take in charge for a while. Besides, you have nothing to do here."

"Can you give me a week to settle my things here?"

"One week is too long!"

"How about two days? Please, just two days will do."

"Okay. I'll just tell dad to book your ticket after that." With that, my sister gave me a hug and left already.

I sat back on the couch and sighed deeply. I only have days to settle things with Massie. I'm determined to do anything just to get my lover back to me no matter what it takes. I pulled out my phone and started typing.

To: My Baby Mash

Babe, I will go to your house later. Please give me a chance to explain. I always love you.

Massie's POV

The weather that day was fine. I walked down the road slowly, feeling the greatness of morning air. It was nice but my sight started to get blurred. I became dizzy and suddenly my knees weakened.

"Hey are you okay?" a stranger lends his hand to help me.

"I'm fine. Thanks." It took up several seconds before I managed to reach the other's hand. I was still dizzy that time but I was able to stand up.

"Are you sure?"

"Hmm yeah." With that, we just continued walking to our ways. After taking a few steps, I fell on the ground losing conciousness.

-x-x-x-

As soon as I opened my eyes, all I can see is white: white ceiling, white light, white walls, and white sheets. 'Am I in heaven already?' I thought. But the strong smell of antiseptic that airs the room assured me, I'm in the hospital. I attempted to sit up from lying but my head still hurts. I tried to think what happened and I remembered that I passed out a while ago.

"Oh you're awake." The nurse greeted me.

"The doctor said you passed out because of stress. Your body temperature is quite high too. But other than that, there's nothing to worry about. Just take a rest first and if you feel better, you may leave then." The nurse explained while placing a glass of water and my medicine on the table.

Author's POV

Chan thought positively. He was hoping everything will turn out as he planned. He pressed the doorbell but there's no response. The windows were closed and the curtains were all down, the silence signed that nobody was home. But where might she gone off to? Chan just stood there and wait for the other to come back home.

One hour, two hours, six hours have passed but there was still no sign of Massie. It's almost dark already and he started to worry about the other. Another hour passed but no luck. He just decided to leave the flowers he bought, at the gate with a little note on it.

'Babe, where have you been? Thanks God if you have read this note, it means you're okay. I'll come back here tomorrow. Love, Chan'

Massie unconsciously smiled after reading the message. She smelled the flowers the other left; it's her favourite violet tulips.

When Massie got inside, she lied down in her bed. Half an hour passed and she just stared blankly at the ceiling. She loves Chan so much and she's ready to forgive him. But he must work to get her trust back. With that thought, Massie closed her eyes.

-x-x-x-

a/n: Yeah first chap done! marami rami pa kong i-eedit kaya eto muna...

Nga pala... everyone, meet Chan! (i don't own this pic so credit to the owner ^^)

next chapter will be posted shortly... ^^