Gloomy Sky

Author’s POV

Joon can’t stop worrying about Massie. He’s been thinking what Chan was planning to do. After that call a while ago and knowing that it’s his wife’s first love, he started to lose focus on everything that day.

It’s getting late already and Massie felt sleepy. Though it’s still awkward for her, she still decided to share a bed with Joon. Due to exhaustion, she easily fell asleep. But on the other side, Joon can’t sleep even how hard he tried to close his eyes.

“I will get her back no matter what it takes.”

These words keep on ringing inside his head.

“She’s mine first and will be mine forever.”

Everytime he closes his eyes, he can see the other’s expression and everything he said a while ago was coming back. Not wanting to disturb Massie in her deep sleep, he got off of bed and went down the kitchen. He grabbed a bottle of red wine and a glass and settled himself in the counter. He drowned himself drinking and soon enough, he finally was able to rest.

-x-x-x-

The sun wasn’t up yet when Massie woke up. She reached for her phone on the bedside table and it’s close to morning so she just got up already. When she looked over the other side of the bed, she found no one. Massie put on her robe and went downstairs. She was surprised when she heard some whimpering, and so she followed where the sound came from which lead her to the kitchen. She found Joon with an unfinished bottle of wine beside him. She stepped closer to clearly hear what the other was muttering.

“Please don’t leave me.” These words keep coming out of her husband with some sobs in between.

Joon awaken with soft touches on his back. Slowly, he opened his eyes and found Massie on his side. As soon as he saw his wife, he suddenly wrapped his arms around her waist and continued to cry. Massie was shocked but she wanted to comfort the other so she just stayed in her position.

“Did you have a nightmare?” Massie asked while rubbing Joon’s back.

“Hmm… They’re taking you away from me and I can’t do anything.”

Seeing the other like this makes her hard to proceed with their plans. But Massie thought that if they’re going to continue like that, it might cause a greater pain for everyone.

After a few moments, Joon seemed to be fine already. Massie told him to wash first as she’s preparing a coffee for his hangover. Without further ado, the other immediately complied with her command.

It’s been a while already since the other left the kitchen. Massie just finished preparing so she called her husband but no one’s answering her. She tried few more times but still no answer. As she went up to check on the other, she found Joon on the floor of their room, unconscious. She ran towards him and supported him to the bed.

“You’re burning hot!” Massie immediately pulled her hand as soon as she touched Joon’s forehead.

First things first, she rushed down to get a towel and a basin with water. After she wiped Joon’s body clean, she left him for a while to cook some porridge. As she was preparing, her phone suddenly rang.

“Mash, are you ready?” a deep voice was heard from the other end of the line.

“Oh I’m sorry Chan, I forgot about schedule today. Joon’s sick and I can’t leave the house.”

“Oh okay. I’ll just go there later. Do you want something?”

“I’m fine with fruits.”

“Okay, see you later.”

Minutes passed and Massie was done cooking. She placed a bowl of porridge, a glass of water and a medicine on a tray and went upstairs to feed Joon. After eating and drinking his medicine, Joonmyun’s temperature is checked and it’s a good thing that it went down a bit already. Massie wetted the cloth and placed it on the other’s forehead and told him to rest more. When she was finished with the dishes, Massie heard someone outside the house.

“I’m really sorry. I should have called earlier.” Massie opened the door.

“It’s okay Mash. Oh here are your fruits.”

“What are we going to talk about anyway?”

The two didn’t notice the footsteps at the second floor. They’re just talking casually not knowing that Joon’s silently listening by the stairs. Massie and Chan got shocked when they heard a loud thud from upstairs.

Joon’s knees suddenly dropped as soon as Chan said something.

“I brought the divorce papers.”