-Oneshot-

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

Fine words repeating one in mirror would result in instant death for the ones foolishly believing they were different than the original.

Those looking into the mirror met their inevitable demises sooner or later. He preferred not having to hunt them down and wasting his precious time in mere minor activities.

"Baby? Please."

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

The bees surround the once living human. They are a swarm, they are a hive and need somewhere to eat, saviour, a home proving a nest. There is a corpse willing to be their new hosts.

Eating his flesh, digging into the new skin of their news master. He once trusted their call in his past life, flesh wound turning into more than he could comprehend in its little human brain.

Now he's so much more.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

Police sirens swarm the building. A woman is crying and holding her husband in her fragile arms close as she can seeing his near death in that damnable church. A church the devil himself belonged.

A church no God would ever call into heaven.

"Please, please!"

The police are there outside the breaking door. It's hinges snapping by the second as hysterics ring throughout the collapsing sodden floorboards.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

Police are breaking down the door with their guns held in defense. They spotted the three on the floor and assumed the worst case scenario.

The woman didn't even want to think why. She looked into the eyes hoping they wouldn't do what they did to everyone she knew.

Kill or terrorise.

BANG!

A gun's firer and hitting the chest of her beloved right into the heart into the arteries into vital organs keeping him alive and even sane.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

She's handcuffed and taken outside the burning building about to erupt in massive flame. Cops cars are parked and she sees anger and desperation for solving this unexplained case.

So, she knows what they're gonna do. She's had experience and the words coming out of this son of a bitch's moth whilst she's in the car sends enraging emotions in her heart.

"So, you either say that it was accidental. Or we could simply charge you with a murder."

From what's she seen with Sherman, the insane old man and her corrupted boyfriend turning into the infamous ghost, there's an obvious third choice he doesn't even know.

Leaning back, she closed her eyes and says the words forbade by the people in the fire more than twenty years prior this little incident.

Ironically, it makes feel giddy inside.

"Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman."

She whispered in Hope, fear? A mix of both.

The cop's widen in confusion, then narrow in acknowledgment as he finally realised what her intentions were with those words.

"Who are you?"

There's a scraping outside the door. The woman turned in the direction and the cop did also.

A huge mistake on his part.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

A hook is visible, the scarred figure circling his prey and former girlfriend. Consumed by an entity bigger than himself and human being.

"I am the howling in the wind. I am the buzz of the beast. I am the nightmare you cannot escape."

Suddenly the car door opens and the cop is escaping for life running down the abandoned street over the bodies of deceased officers attempting their fight.

They lost easily.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

She's at the gate now staging where a murder scene was taking place. His hook slashed through the person's neck, blood spilling as he slid to the floor.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Bees did their sound softly as if a soothing lullaby is playing with indecipherable lyrics. She can't hear them and doesn't want to understand them.

She thinks it'll be safe if she refuses.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

He slowly walked one to the fence. It's the only thing guarding her form potential murder by her used to be boyfriend.

He's a monster now. There's no going back. He's turned into an entity beyond reformation. She can't hurt even see him in his eyes anymore. It's hopeless and it's because some man brainwashed him.

Why was he gullible?

He hadn't talked to her, confided these secrets, worked out the easily solvable problems. Together, this whole dilemma could've been avoided.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

Standing there, he stares into the eyes of this woman he saved for a reason his kind can't possibly think. A monster deserves no love.

He saved this girl because she is his past life's object of affection. He held this girl in his arms, then let her slip away into everyone else's opinions.

"Do you recognise me?"

They say she shouldn't love him. Leave him to rot away forever in his one self-pity and wallowing fascination with incarnation of their inner demons.

Her hands holding the fate for dear life is suggesting she's close, they're close, they were close. They used to be closer and closer and in love.

All that's gone now. All that's life is a rotting corpse.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

The bees buzz around softly, curling round their master's skin eating the used to be flesh of the human turned supernatural monster. He doesn't bother swatting them any longer.

They're apart of him as he'd apart of them. One is the same. Fused together for eternity. A cause of his death, yet, the only friends with monster would cherish. The female is nothing to him.

He doesn't even know his host's former lover. So, she'll be spared in exchange she'll attempt a change of heart ad the animals are calling it today.

It's a correct statement.

Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.
Candyman.

A hook for an arm, a blind eye, a bees filled skin with rotting undertow under the flesh is a monster in right. He nodded longer focused on the she-devil.

"Tell everyone."

His voice echoed for the first time. Like the devil's in deep and echoing sounds around the woman. She can only slowly nod with tear filled eyes trekking down cheeks as the entity turned away anew.

He is Candyman.