hidden plans and change

this is about to be an overload of info ESPECIALLY in the second half so bear with me here guys

like pay a lot of attention to dates bc uhm.. youll see

May 1, 1978
4:09 am
Potter Manor

The second Peter heard the crack, he left. He didn't know who was apparating into the house this time, just that there was no way he was going to get lucky again with keeping his identity hidden and had to get the hell out of there.

No one noticed Pettigrew exit out the back door. They were too busy trying to figure out who the threat was this time, and why they had apparated upstairs instead of where it was most likely that people would be located.

Euphemia looked up at the ceiling, heard the shouts, and didn't waste a split second.

There was a stumble as Ella Mae tripped against the corner of the rug and Leo yanked her back up into balance, not having expected the sudden apparition. Anderson had grabbed her hand as Remus took his other, knowing that she wouldn't have known where to go.

Sirius, who had grabbed Anneliese, struggled to keep her upright with the abrupt change of location, grabbing onto her waist as tightly as he could and falling back against James's bedpost for support.

Callaway's strength had taken a getaway. The display of wit and power and bravery she had just put on at Malfoy Manor had drained her to the marrow of her bones. Now, even just keeping her eyes open felt as difficult as sprinting a mile.

"YOU WERE GONE?!" a loud shout came from the hallway, followed by five sets of footsteps coming up the stairs. "WE ARE NEVER TRUSTING YOU ALONE IN A ROOM AGAIN-"

Euphemia, Fleamont, Andromeda, Queenie, and Molly froze when Goldstein threw open the door and saw the scene inside the room.

It couldn't have been more clear that trust wasn't the point right now.

"Fleamont," Euphemia said quietly, eyes not moving off Anneliese as her insides churned with a fury she hadn't felt in a long, long time. "Please show our guests what protective enchantments to put around our home. The smaller the area, the stronger the charm."

Her tone left no room for questioning. They all knew it had to be done unless they wanted the battle to be just transferred in location and not actually end, even if they did want to stay with Callaway after what had just happened.

"Everyone," Euphemia emphasized as Leo, Sirius, James, Ella Mae, and Queenie were the last lingering in the doorway. "There's no point of healing her if they're just going to find us in a split second. We already know that they know where we live. Now go."

James and Sirius exchanged a glance. They both knew she was more than capable after the events of Christmas, but they also didn't want to let her out of their sight.

But Queenie was the one who ended up getting them all out of the door. She saw the expression on Mrs. Potter's face, the one that she often wore around Anneliese as well. And if Goldstein trusted herself, then she also trusted Euphemia.

"We are just leaving her alone with that woman?" Ella Mae exclaimed once the door had shut. "Why on earth-"

"Listen French Girl, that woman is my mother and Anneliese is in perfectly good hands," James snapped as they raced down the stairs. "And once everything calms down and everything is fine, you have a hell of a lot of explaining to do."

Ella Mae's eyes narrowed in anger, but Leo placed a gentle hand on her forearm and gave her a look that said that it simply wasn't worth it to argue with anyone right now.