ᴏɴᴇ

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧, the house Atreides will immediately take control of Arrakis, do you accept?" I focused my gaze on the man reading from a scroll, the Emporer had asked to replace House Harkonen with House Atreides on planet Arrakis. This meant so much power and so much wealth for us 

"We are house Atreides," Duke Leto said clearly "there is no call we do not answer, there is no faith that we betray, the emperor asks that we bring peace to Arrakis, House Atreides accepts!" everyone around me started chanting Atreides as the duke walked down the steps of the podium. The duke turned to look at his son, Paul, my best friend. Paul nodded reassuringly to his father who then turned to a large wooden table placed in front of him, I watched as he dipped his ring with the house crest on it into a silvery wax that was on the scroll. 

"Why do you think the Emporer changed his mind about the Harkonnens?" Zack whispered from beside me 

"Perhaps they were too brutal" I answered  as the duke turned away 

"So it's done," Leto said 

"It's done" I turned to look at Zack who had a concerned look etched upon his face, he gripped my hand tightly. Neither of us knew much about Arrakis other than the fact that the spice was there. A new planet was an adventure, but it could also be dangerous. 

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

"Everythings going to change now isn't it" I looked at Paul "nothings going to be the same"

"Of course it will" he assured me "you'll always have me, that will never change" I laughed and leaned against his shoulder, we were sitting on a small bench, Paul was waiting for Duncan to return 

"Good, I don't know what I'd do without you" I always cherished the moments with just Paul, of course, I enjoyed spending time with Zack but the two of them didn't get along very well and it just wasn't super pleasant. 

"I'm going to ask him to take me tomorrow" Paul announced, I sat up and turned to him 

"What do you mean?"

"He's going to Arrakis tomorrow, I want to go as well"

"And you're just going to leave me here?" I asked raising an eyebrow as mischievously as possible, he gave me a look and shook his head 

"Of course not, I would never dream of it"

"Good, I got a little scared for a moment" 

My hair started to flow wildly as a space vessel came into the port. A ramp opened up from the bottom and out came Duncan "There he is" Paul smiled getting up and running to him and giving him a side hug. I got up and followed after Paul smiling as well "Duncan!"