You ask about your father

Portia

"Mom?" Your mother sat up in her bed. It was late and you were supposed to be sleeping.

"Is something wrong monkey?"  You shuffled nervously before you're mother acme and took your hands in hers. "Are you alright?"

"Wheres Dad?" The question took Portia aback and she blanked for a moment before looking back at your big (e/c) eyes. "They're never here and sometimes you don't want to go into market because you'll say they'll be there. Why wouldn't we want to see them?"

"(Y/n) your father and I are...complicated to say the least. Children weren't in their life plan and always were in mine." She thought about how you would feel if she told you about the fight they'd had after she found out she was pregnant. "We fought and broke up and then I learned I was going to have you."

"So, why don't we want to see them?"

"They...dont know about you and I don't want to make them feel obligated to be here when it won't make anyone happy." You nodded understanding. "Besides, aren't you happy with your good old mom?"

Portia scooped you up and carried you back to bed tickling you ad you laughed. Pepi followed on her heels hearing the laughter.

"Yes mom. I was just curious." You admitted after being tucked in.

"Never stop being curious. Now get some sleep alright?" You yawned and nodded, feeling Pepi on your bed and your mothers hand running through your hair as you fell asleep.

Nadia

You often followed your mother around like a shadow. So it was strange when one day she turned and found you looking at a portrait done of her family after your 2nd birthday.

"(Y/n)  are you alright?" She walked over to you and bent to your level.

"Yes, Mama. I was just wondering where my baba is. Yours is right here next to grandmother, but Nazali is the one next to you." Nadia sighed and stood, looking at you.

"I don't want to lie to you little one. I don't know where your baba is, but I know they must be very special for me to have you with me." She smiled and booped your nose, the way her father used to when she would pout. You laughed and took her hand as you continued your walk.

"Okay mama." Nadia smiled and began to tell you about the time she and your Auntie Natiqua had gotten lost when she first came to Vesuvia and had to be saved by your Auntie Nafizah who was friends with the then current counts wife.