Learning youre adopted

Vulgora

You weren't a dumb kid. You didn't have to be smart to know you didn't look or seem at all like you're parent. It never bothered you. They were still the one who made sure you had eaten in the last 24 hours and the one who made sure you weren't dead. They were your Zotz and you loved them.

But you were still curious about your other parent. So one day you asked them.

"You're other parents are dead. You're adopted, bruiser." You nodded.

"Where did they used to live?" They looked at you and scratched their head.

"I dunno. Some little town a hundred or so days that way." Vulgora replied waving their arm in a nonconfirming direction. "It's not there anymore because we burned it to the ground but it used to be there. Why?"

"Just wonderin'." You watched them nod and place the knife they were sharpening down.

"Come here (y/n). Show me how you would block....THIS!" You shrieked as Vulgora seized you and threw you over their shoulder. This was how you played with each other and you got yourself down in no time flat before grabbing them.

Volta

You were sitting on the floor in a seperate room waiting for your mother to come back from a meeting. The Countess had given you some dolls and you were confused when they were two grown up and a kid. It was always you and your mom, so you assumed that was the norm. Whike you looked at the doll, you noticed one grown up had blue eyes like the child, and the other had brown hair like the child. You were sitting and thinking so long you didn't notice your mother coming to pick you up to leave.

"Ma, why don't I look like you?" Volta held you slightly tighter at the question not knowing how to answer. "Do I just look more like my dad?"

"(Y/n), Ma doesn't know how to tell you this. I don't know who you look more like. I adopted you."

"Whats 'a-dot-ed? I don't have dots on me Ma." Volta chuckled at your misunderstanding.

"Adopted, little chef, means that I'm your Ma, but I didn't birth you. Ma found you and wanted you to be Ma's child." She decided to wait to tell you how she found you until you were older.

"Oh, okay then." You leaned into your mother. "I'm glad I have you Ma."

"Me too (y/n)."