Chapter 2: Home

Once Kurro got home he just went to his room, not even announcing he came home.

Aika, Kurro's Mother looks up from the kitchen table. "H-hello?" She asks in a worried tone standing up and grabbing a knife from the kitchen. She knew better to not investigate the house when she hears a odd noise if she's not ready to fight for her life. She was a stay at home Mom because Kurro's Dad made BOOKS tons of money.

"It's just me Mama!" Kurro says from his bedroom in an upset, shaky tone.

"Oh okay-" Aika replies. She wasn't gonna push him at that second about why he just ditched school. She was a good Mom like that. She did not want to treat Kurro how her Mom treated her. No personal space no boundaries. And if she didn't tell her Mom something right then she would nag her at it until she blew up.

~Up In Kurro's Room~

Kurro was sitting on his bed as he just thinks to himself about of what just happened. He started to tear up and those tears started to fall.

'You stupid dumbass, you shouldn't had said that! What if Kenma hates me after this!? I don't wanna loose him! I've already lost to much.... I- if I loose my best friend I loose my whole team, and volleyball is my life and without that I'm nothing.' Kurro thinks to himself as he cries. He gets up and grabs a book from his book shelf. He acted like he didn't like books at school but when he loved them. He didn't want to seem weird at school and nerd out in the middle of class ranting about a book.

~Later that day~

Kurro had finished his book, he had a tendency to just get so stuck in a book he doesn't want to put it down for nothing, even if he had to go the bathroom with it. But he finally goes downstairs around 4:52 P.M, his Dad wouldn't be home until 6:30 P.M so he had time to talk to his Mom. Kurro had a good relationship with his Dad just talking about emotions always came easier to Aika.

~Downstairs in the living room~

"Hey.. Mom. Sorry for not telling you I ditched-" Aika cuts Kurro off with a laugh.

"I don't know any teen that tells their parent their gonna ditch school before ditching." She says as she sips her coffee.

"Heh.. yeah." Kurro smiles, his Mom knew how to make him feel better. Aika and Kazuo never questioned Kurro about his past. They had found him in all white clothing with brown shoes one day on the side of the road with a backpack, though the white clothing being all dirty, all they knew is that had to help him. They helped him pick out a new name and everything and like that he became Ray to Kurro.

"You wanna talk about what happened and why you ditched?" Aika asks Kurro.

"Mmm.. not really, I'll actually pass on that. But let's just say me and Kenma might not talk for a while..." He says in a sad voice then goes over to the pantry and grabs a package of Oreos and then leaves going back to his room.

'They must have gotten into a fight... I hope everything will turn out okay. I bet they'll be fine, it's just high school boys, they over time get over it.' Aika thinks to herself shrugging it's off, not ready for what the future has to come.