Chapter 23 - The Goons

Ria

We got to Heathrow airport in about twenty minutes. Rohan had printed out the tickets so I handed him my passport and he went and got our boarding passes. We still had two hours before our flight took off so we decided to have dinner.

“What would you like?” Rohan asked. We were standing in queue at McDonalds waiting for our turn.

“Why are we buying from McDonalds?” I asked a bit annoyed, I mean this is the CEO of the year, and he’s buying dinner from McDonalds? Isn’t that a bit cheap?

“Because we’ve already had dinner at a classy restaurant, so this time I thought ‘let’s go a bit casual’ what do you say?” I had to smile at that and agree to him. “So? What do you want?”

“Anything vegetarian really?” I said. Fast food restaurants weren’t really my thing.

“Ok.” He said, “Could you please go save a table for us, I’ll bring the food over.”

“Sure.” I said and left to find a table. The food court was packed, it was hard to find a table. Just then my eyes fell on one table right in the corner, beside the washrooms – maybe not the nicest place but that was the last one left. I rushed and got there right in time before some fat lady tried to take it. She gave me an annoyed face and left.

Rohan was still waiting in the line when a group of guys walked out of the washrooms, I was sitting on the seat across the washrooms so they could see me. I tried not to look up and just looked down at the table. They weren’t big and bulgy but looked more vulgar, which made them scary. Exactly what I was scared of happened, One of them came and sat in the seat in front of me and the rest formed themselves in a semi circle around him. I instantly felt uncomfortable and tightened up myself.

“Hey baby.” Vulgar number one – who sat on the chair opposite me said. “Where you off to?” I didn’t answer, instead started fiddling around with my fingers and started looking around for Rohan, but I couldn’t see him. Vulagar number one reached out for my fingers and I instantly took them back.

“Don’t touch me!” I warned him.

“Oh, come on baby. I won’t harm you” He wicked laughed and all his other vulgar friends joined in.

I got up to leave but vulgar number one pulled me and I was now starting to panic. I tried to pull myself away from him but his grip was too hard and I couldn’t see Rohan anywhere either.

“Let go!” I told him.

“Nope!” He said.

“Let her go.” Someone said from behind me – It was Rohan, I can recognize his voice – I let out a sigh of relief knowing that Rohan was here.

“And who are you?” Vulgar asked.

“Uh, no one.” Rohan laughed. What the – this is serious shit Rohan! How can he just laugh at that?

“Good. Now get lost.” Vulgar said.

“There’s one problem to that though.” Rohan said.

“What?”

“Ria’s parents gave me her responsibility. I have to take care of her, so I can’t leave her like this.” My parents? When did he talk to them? Whatever. He was standing up for me and it was cute. “So let go of her now, before I show you who I really am.” He sounded angry.

“I won’t. What you gonna do?” Vulgar said. Rohan looked around and smiled, then punched him straight in the face. His nose began bleeding and he let go of my hand. One of his vulgar friends went to punch Rohan, but Rohan stopped him and instead punched him back. A crowd had begun to gather up but no one did anything. After a couple of punches and drops of blood from random places the vulgar guys ran away and Rohan ran behind them. I called for him but I guess he was too angry, I didn’t have the energy to run behind him and plus I probably couldn’t take anymore blood otherwise I would’ve faint – reason number one for not becoming a doctor – So instead I just sat back on my seat and began eating my vegetarian burger that Rohan had brought.