Chapter Two

❁❁❁
{Coffee & Tears}

❁❁❁{Coffee & Tears}

❁❁❁

School was as usual boring. Though today Tamika had something to look forward to. Her little coffee date with Light, okay maybe using the word 'date' was a bit too straightforward but nonetheless Tamika was excited.

Walking along the school she suddenly jumped when a hand rested on her shoulder. "Light! God, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." Light apologised holding a small smirk on his face as Tamika shook her head. "It's fine, wanna go?" She asked and he nodded.

Both teens made their way to the local coffee shop in comfortable silence, Tamika had gotten a hot chocolate and when she went to pay Light basically slapped her hand away, insisting that he'd pay for her. Tamika didn't mind at all and was just happy she didn't have to pay.

"Wow, all these criminals dying of heart attacks, this Kira person is pretty dedicated." Tamika mumbled, looking up at the TV that was on the wall of the coffee shop.

"Pretty extreme, isn't it." Light spoke up, he knew if he messed up that she would know. Tamika always knew something was up and if Light were to ever be caught he knew it'd be by Tamika.

"Well yea, but I guess it's sort of a good thing, isn't it? Less criminals means more safety for people. Pedophiles and definitely rapists all deserve death anyway." She stated making Light choke on his coffee, he hadn't expected her to feel that way. For some reason he felt his heart beating faster.

"You really feel that way?" He asked looking up at her, he felt some sort of weird feeling in his stomach when she smiled at him. What was she doing to him?

"Well yeah, do you feel different?" She tilted her head, taking a sip from her hot chocolate. She had never liked coffee, it just didn't taste good no matter how much sugar and creamer she added.

"Not at all, I actually agree." He said with a smile on his face as his cheeks reddened, Ryuk appeared basically out of nowhere and let out a laugh "Seems like she is perfect for you." Light just ignored him.

Tamika suddenly felt as if something were watching her, like it wasn't just her and Light. Again, she shrugged the weird feeling off and tried to enjoy her time with Light as much as possible.

❁❁❁

Sitting in her room, Tamika decided to watch some TV though after a while it got interrupted by an important message. A man named 'Lind L Tailor' was supposed to be the world's best detective, L. Yeah right.
He never showed his face, why would he now?

As expected, the man on TV had gotten a heart attack and it was revealed he was just a criminal. It was so obvious.

Waving her hand a bag of chocolates flew straight into her hands, sometimes her powers were quite useful.

Tamika would be lying if she didn't enjoy the banter between L and Kira, as much as she supported what Kira was doing she wasn't fully on his side. More like middle ground.

"Tamika!" A shrill shout came from downstairs and she groaned. Turning off the TV she made her way downstairs to see her mother.

"Have you been eating chocolate again?" Her mother asked, holding her chin up. There was a small smudge of chocolate on the corner of her lips.

"No mother." Tamika shook her head quickly. Her mothers face grew red as she slapped her daughter across the face.

"Don't ever lie to me, go back to your room." She shouted as Tamika held in her tears and made her way upstairs.

Her mother had been that way since the day of her fathers death, her mother blamed it all on her saying the man only pushed the trigger because she entered the building and that she should've died instead of her husband. Over any little thing Tamika would be hit by her mother, normally she wasn't allowed to have sweets so she had to hide little bits of candy all around her room.

Quietly closing her door she slid down against it and started to cry. What did she ever do to deserve all this?