Chapter 3.

Percy's POV

The early morning air was pleasant but I couldn't care less. That dream had plagued me. It wasn't like the other dreams I had had; the ones that foretold quests and showed me things. I would wake up from those and have at least a tiny clue on what was going on. Now, I felt more lost than I ever had. I decided to shower but I looked warily at my bathroom. Lately, water was not responding normally. It would slap at me, shoot at me and leave me with bruises. I remembered the last time it happened and how embarrassing it was. How could I, the son of POSEIDON, be tormented by the element I was supposed to have control over? The worse part was that I would always remember what happened in Tartarus and the monster I had almost become in front of Annabeth.

Annabeth! The meeting! I was going to be so late. I ran to the shower and before long, I was out again. I beat my high school record of 2 minutes and 18 seconds for getting dressed and out the door I went. I got to our meeting place and Annabeth was looking wearily at the sky. I knew that look; she was trying to remember something.

"You are late, again. It is already 6am." She said with a faint smile. I felt slightly embarrassed. She must have noticed because she smirked. "Seaweed brain, if you are embarrassed, wake up earlier."

"Sure." I spoke. She guessed that I didn't want to talk much because she mumbled something about getting Mrs. O'Leary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked through the park with Annabeth. As we approached the scene of the battle, I was filled with questions. What exactly where we going to do to when we got our answers? What was our plan? My head throbbed with anticipation. We were here. I glanced around the park and my eyes landed on a familiar figure. And so was she. Our eyes met and her gazed pierced through my soul. Her eyes, there was something about those deep, brown eyes...

"Hey, good morning." She chirped cheerfully.

"Hello. We need to talk if you don't mind." Annabeth's tone was icy, which was very unlike her. That tone meant she was in interrogation mode.

"Sure. I am Yessica Fitz-Herald." the girl said warmly. There was something different about this mortal. The fact that she was remaining authoritative, even under Annabeth's glare, was astounding. It was almost like she was expecting us.

"Who, or what, are you?" Annabeth asked.

"I am a child of God." She answered simply.

Annabeth and I glanced at each other. "A demigod? Which god then? Greek? Roman? Maybe even Norse?" I pressed.

"I am not a child of those fakes. I am a child of the one, true God. The one that created the heavens and the earth. The one that-" she said but she was cut off.

"There isn't just one. And they aren't fakes! Do you want to get killed?" Annabeth whisper-shrieked.

"They can't hurt me. I am protected by Jehovah. Besides, Zeus and his lackeys are mediocre." She said with a hint of a smile.

This Yessica was definitely suicidal if she thought like that. Yet, I could not help but wonder; if she could dismiss a minotaur with a name then she might have the protection that she claimed.

"What was the name you used to destroy the minotaur?" It was my turn to ask questions.

"I used the name of Jesus. His name is above every other name."

Annabeth's eyes glinted in recognition.

"Is this Jesus the same one from the nativity? " Annabeth asked.