Chapter 1

Carra walked down the hallway, carefully looking past Eliza and her friends, her old friend group. She walked up to her best friend, Jalyn.

"Heyyyyyyy," Jalyn dragged the word out.

"Hi! What's up?"

"Not much, just thinking about the dance."

"Jay, that's four months away, please get a life," she muttered as her eyes crinkled in the corners.

"Come on, it probably won't be as boring. Hopefully. Maybe." Jalyn sighed. "Who knows, maybe it will be fun. And maybe...."

"Maybe what?"

"Maybe you can finally ask Eliza out instead of constantly acting like you hate her or making her uncomfortable."

"I don't do either of those things. We just don't talk anymore. And you, Jalyn, need to ask Mark."

"What if he asks me though? I wouldn't want to affect his manly expression of making the first move." They both simultaneously rolled their eyes.

"You know him, he's probably too nervous. Anyway, we have more than enough time. We might not even like the same people by the time the dance happens," Carra said, closing her locker door.

A traffic cone walked up to them, and cheerily spoke.

"Carra did you get your part of the report done?"

"Yep," The two friends eyed the boy's bright orange clothes warily. "Did you get your part done?"

"Yep. And I already asked Kayla and her section is done as well. We should be good to go for tomorrow. See you around!"

Carra and Jalyn glanced at each other, trying not to laugh. 

"I will never understand how he wears such a bright color and always smiles," Carra remarked, looking at her own outfit which was a light grey band t-shirt and black jeans. "How is anyone always happy?" 

"I don't know," Jalyn replied. "We have to go dress shopping for the dance soon!"

"Jay. We. Have. Four. Months."

"Never too early."

"I kinda wanted to wear a suit this year, mix it up a bit y'know?"

"Carra," Jalyn laughed. "You should totally wear a suit. A sparkly suit, since you love glitter so much."

"Okay, let me think about it." She paused. "M'kay Jay, I'm done thinking. The answer is hell no."

Jalyn rolled her eyes.

"Fine, suit yourself."

"Hahaha," Carra laughed sarcastically. "Peak humor."

"Wait a sec, why hasn't the bell rung? Did we miss it?" Jay went to check the time when a teacher walked up to them. 

"Excuse me, ladies. Please get to your first class. You'll both be getting detention for this."

"Sorry, sir.." the girls muttered. The teacher silently walked away and Carra and Jalyn went to their classes.

.:..:..:..:..:..:.

*A/N: I know this is kinda short, but I just wanted to start the story :) not entirely sure where this is going lmao. And yes, ofc a school dance is coming up bc this is wattpad theres always a school dance lolll

I dont think I'll have a set upload schedule but at least a few times a month. I have a ton of the book written but it happens in the future so i need to work on this more. :)

please lmk your thoughts in the comments :))

have a good day/morning/afternoon/evening/night!!*

11/4/21