The Date

You opened your eyes slowly, squinting as the morning light rushed through the blinds.  You stretched your arms and sat up in bed.  Suddenly, you jerked to your bedside table and snatched your phone.  The clock on the screen read 8:44 AM.  "Finn should be up by now."  you hoped.

You scrolled through your contacts until you found his name.  You stopped for a moment, thinking about what to say, but eventually, you decided to use the greatest line in all of history

You: Hi

Suddenly, you wanted to delete the comment and replace it with something else, but you decided there was no turning back now, and waited.  You waited for what seemed like forever until you saw another message pop up on the screen

Finn: Hey

Finn: (y/n) right?

Filled with relief, you decided to respond.

You: Yeah

Finn: Cool

Finn: I'm down if u want to go out for coffee

Your stomach did a little flip of joy as you realized Finn was serious about going on a date.

You: Sounds great.  Where at?

Finn: The coffee place off Jamestown

You: When do you wanna go?

Finn: Right now if that's possible

You: Realy?

Finn: Yeah, I have to get ready but I could be down there in half an hour.

You: Sounds great, I will see you there.

You closed your phone and immediately got to work getting dressed, brushed your teeth, and did your hair. Everything was going smoothly until you heard your Father scream "(y/n)!!!"

"Oh no." you thought, your stomach sinking.  "Are you playing video games on your computer already?!" she yelled.  You heard footsteps, so you assumed he was coming to your room.  "I swear you could have graduated by now if you had stopped being such a failure!"  he said, opening the door.

"Dad, I'm 21 and have a stable enough job, I think I am doing just fine."  you said, careful not to raise your voice.  "Mabey you would stop being a failure if you got a girlfriend!"  he said angrily.

"I happen to be going out on a date today!" you said in defense.

"Mabey you would have been on a date before if you had stopped being a lazy failure!"  your Father shouted in return.

You had been through this before.  Most likely he lost out on a business opportunity and took out his frustrations on you.

Not willing to put up a fight, you walked past your Father, and downstairs as fast as you could before he could find some excuse to keep you home for a while so you would be unable to get to your date in time.

You closed the front door and stormed outside and to your car.  You sighed.  Just another year and you will be able to move out and never see your dad ever again.

~

"Hey man!" you herd a familiar voice call as you stepped into the shop.  You turned around and saw Finn, this time dressed as a guy.

You smiled and sat down across from him.  

"Hi." you said shyly.  "Hey."  Finn said, smiling warmly.  He was dressed in normal guy clothes this time, and it took a little bit of convincing to make your brain accept that this was the same guy.

"So, when is the last time you have been on a date?"  Finn asked.  "Hey!  You didn't have to go there!"  you said, laughing at your own failure.  "Oh, sorry!  I didn't mean it like that, I just meant, how much experience do you have with dating?"  Finn said quickly.

"Not a lot."  you replied, feeling your cheeks burn.  Finn gave an apologetic look, before staring out a window.  "You said you are on YouTube and Twitch right?"  you asked.

Finn's gaze went from the window back to you.  "Yeah, I do Minecraft on Youtube, and manly-man femboy crossdressing on Twitch."  he said.  "Well, I think you look cute either way."  you said.

Finn smiled and blushed slightly.  "T-thanks."

"I'm being honest!"  you said, subconsciously rubbing Finn's hand.  Finn looked down, giggled, then blushed harder.  You quickly relised your mistake and tried to pull away, but Finn quickly intertwined his finger's with yours.

Your mouth dropped with surprise, but you quickly got ahold of yourself and gripped his hand tightly.

You drank your coffee that Finn had already ordered for you, and talked a little more.  "So how many subs do you have?"  you asked.  "500 thousand."  Finn said, lowering his voice.

You had to forcibly stop yourself from spitting out your coffee.  "500 thousand!?!"

"Yeah, it's a lot, but I don't get recognized that much!"  Finn quickly added.  

"Wow, that is fucking awesome!"  you said, leaning forward and scooting your chair in a little closer.  "Thanks." Finn said, letting out a cute giggle.  You both took a sip of your coffee.

"I kinda thought you would freak out and not want to be with me."  Finn said, setting his coffee down.  "I mean, it is amazing, but I have seen way cooler things in my time."  you promised.  "Oh, like what?"  Finn said inquisitively.

"Uh, that's beside the point."  you said jokingly.

"Hey, do you wanna come over to my place, I'm gonna be streaming, but that won't be for a bit so..."  Finn looked at you with a hopeful expression, almost as if he had been waiting to ask you this.

"That sounds great!"  you said, excitement filling your body.  You honestly did not expect much of anything to come out of the date, certainly not a house tour.  "Well, I walked here, so I guess we could take your car."  Finn informed, standing up.

"Good idea, can you drive though, since I don't know?"  you asked.  "Sure, but pay attention because I am riding shotgun next time." Finn joked.

"I will."  you promised.