~Poisoned by the Desire of Slumber~. {Gale Fanfiction}

Hey guys! So this is my second attempt in writing a novel. I shall update a prologue soon and then the chapters. I wanted to clear a few things out before I start the book.
This is a fanfiction of Gale (GajeelxLevy), but the characters are changed (just a little!!)

DISCLAIMER

I do not own the idea of the guild Fairy Tail and a lot of members in it. I do not own the anime features given to the characters in this book either. Also, the Wizards and the concept of magic is slightly different.

Other then that, I have made the story completely originally and there is (other than the above info) nothing that is related to Fairy Tail, the anime series, in this book. (I'm just kiddin') (okay I tried to be a little original and just changed most characters!) (that's it!)

If you have not watched Fairy Tail, it will not be confusing because I will explain everything.

This is (hardly) rated PG-13.

I hope you enjoy the book and the chapters will start after the prologue. ^.^

~Unicorn.

Prologue

The idea of becoming a wizard had never really occurred to me as a child. I wanted to stay away from all the madness of magic, Wizards and sorcery. As a child, it would seem frightening. But as I grew older, I realised the goodness of magic. To have such an ability had truly astonished me and I soon found myself learning more and more about it. Just as I kept learning more about magic, strange dreams started possibly every night I slept. In my gut, I knew that this was something related to magic. That is why I started practicing it. My parents, beings wizards once themselves, allowed me to learn magic but they always seemed so upset about it.
They never even seem to want to talk about it. Maybe something happened in their past which they are willing to forget.

I, Levy McGarden, Wizard of Illusion made an oath to my guild. Made an oath to my comrades, my Master. My Fairy Tail.
I made the oath to never give up! To never stop searching for the right answer to all the questions.

I promised to search for the truth about my dreams. But now, I think of it as nothing but a mere promise...

I stare blankly towards the bright blue, full moon above me. Trees surrounded us and I am numbly lying down on the prickly grass. The turn of events which occurred recently made my head dizzy and it led me to nothing but the pang of guilt and regret in my chest.

A tear trickled down the side of my face and I continue staring at the moon. Maybe if I had changed my path, my decision, then things would have been better. Things would have been different.

But...I had to do what was needed to be done.

And now, I have to pay the ultimate price for it...