Chapter 2

‹‹‹

‹‹‹

chin up, child, 

they'd kill to see you fall. 

‹‹‹

There were no claps, no whistling and definitely no excitement. There were audible gasps of course, but poor Camellia Potter didn't dare move from the stall she was sitting on.  She glanced to the Gryffindor table only to see Persephone's and Nate's disappointed faces as well as Harry's shocked expression. Camellia's eyes filled with crystal tears, but before they dropped, two Slytherins stood up, clapping loudly as the rest of the house joined in. 

As she blinked in the direction of the snake table, she noticed a tall blonde girl and a brunette Slytherin leading the cheers coming from their table. It was only then when she realised that it was the Malfoy sisters, both of them with their heads held high and piercing blue eyes in a glare; the one thing they had in common. Slowly, the young girl picked up her body from were she was sitting, looking down in sadness as her plain black robes slowly filled in with green and silver, instead of red and gold. She reached the table faster than she thought she would, the claps stopped as she descended into her seat, not noticing the people around her. 

Camellia felt a hand on her shoulder, turning to see who it was, she found the eldest of the Malfoy siblings, nodding at her and bending down as the sorting continue in the background. 

"I'm Kallista Malfoy, your Prefect,"  she said as she brushed her platinum hair with the back of her hand in a wavy motion. "You'll do a fine Slytherin, Potter, now get that pout off your face, chin up and smile; you've got the snakes on your side." 

In that moment, Camellia could not understand what Kallista Malfoy had meant with what she said. It certainly was a very odd thing to say to an eleven old child who had recently wind up in the enemy house, but years later, Camellia would understand that and more. 

Camellia nodded her head towards the eldest Malfoy, giving her a half smile before turning back to the sorting, just in time for Mattheo to be called up.

"Mattheo Riddle," McGonagall called, Camellia smiled and looked over at the brunette, he winced when his name was said. She had never heard that particular name, but it was obvious some people had because she caught the alarmed look Kallista's younger sister showed. 

The eleven year old boy walked over to the stool, sitting down with his hands in his lap. Not ten seconds later, Camellia saw the smile that adorned Mattheo's face as the hat sung 'Slytherin!'

Cheers erupted from the snakes table, closely followed by the polite claps from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. Mattheo's robes turned green and silver, making his eyes shine as he beamed, walking towards his house table.  He smiled briefly at Camellia before sitting far away from her at the other side of the table with a few other Slytherin first-years.