Chapter 3

‹‹‹

‹‹‹

Everything's wrong, 

except for me

‹‹‹

Camellia had to find her way to her common room on her own. After she had said her goodbyes to her family, she was dismissed with vague directions on reaching her dorm since her mother claimed that did not know were the Slytherin common room was.  

The entrance to the common room was located behind a bare stretch of stone wall in the dungeons of Hogwarts Castle. She had no real trouble finding it once she got the help from the portrays. She paced around for what seemed like hours before a snake carved into the wall spoke to her. 

"I have pity on you," the snake said. Camellia jumped but then she tilted her head to look at the snake. 

"You're not the first one," she answered slyly, letting a small chuckle to escape her lips. In that moment, the wall bursted opened, revealing the beautiful velvet green, silver, and black common room inside. 

"Come on in," the snake said, winking at her. 

"How-" 

"You'll figure it out," the snake said, Camellia wasted no time in rushing into the common room. 

Said common room was filled with people, all of them merged in their own activities. Some were talking near the green fire place, some others were simply reading or painting, which was an odd image for Camellia; she would've never thought that her fellow Slytherins were the kind of people to sit and paint, however, she was happy to know she was wrong. 

Standing a few feet away from her, talking to a gorgeous brunette boy was Venus Malfoy. Camellia waved shyly over at her, Venus excused herself from the boy and walked over to the young girl. 

"Family reunion ran long, did it?" Venus said, putting her hands in her pockets. 

"Guess it did," Camellia responded. "Would you mind showing me to my dorm?" 

"I would love to, but i'm in the middle of something," Venus said in an apologising manner, however, her eyes zoomed over the common room and lit up. "Pardon me, for one second, please." 

Venus came back after a minute with a young boy in Beatrice's year who looked exactly like Kallista Malfoy. Camellia recognised him instantly as Draco Malfoy, how could she not? He looked exactly like his older sister. 

"Camellia, this is my younger brother Draco," Venus said, smiling down at both first-years. "Draco, this is Camellia Potter, she's a Slytherin in your year. Please show her to her dorm." 

Draco didn't seem to be thrilled to show Camellia to her dorm, but if he had a problem, he didn't say anything in his sister's presence. Instead, he offered his arm to Camellia like a gentlemen, smiling at he lightly.