Chapter Twenty-Six

Billie

I sat in the back of the school with Zoe and Drew smoking a quick blunt before school. I barely got any sleep last night so I needed a quick fix to keep me awake long enough to make it through my classes.

It wasn't enough to get me high but just enough to perk me up. I didn't want Elle to know I smoked, or did drugs of any kind. It wasn't like I was addicted.

I've only ever smoked weed and done Molly a few times when I was stressed or whatever. I've never done anything super hard core so I didn't think anything of it but I knew I didn't want Elle to know that I did that stuff. Especially since recently I've been laying off of it. Elle made me feel good and I didn't feel the need to smoke a blunt whenever I was stressed out. I just thought about her and I was immediately put at ease.

I got a text from Elle saying she was at the school looking for me. She wanted to skate to school today which is why I hadn't picked her up. I replied that I'd be there in a second as I handed the blunt back to Zoe.

"Gotta go. Elles waiting for me."

"Wow ditching us for your girlfriend already? Y'all haven't even been dating for a week and you already chose her over us."

"Oh, shut up you dumbass. You know I love you. I just happen to love Elle a little more." I stopped in my tracks when I realized what I said.

"You love her?" Drew said.

"Damn Bil. You're down bad." Zoe laughed.

"Shut up!" I yelled, my cheeks tinting pink.

"Hey you said it not me."

"I didn't mean to say it!"

"But you did mean it. You do love her. Don't you?" Drew asked softly.

"Maybe. I don't know. I think I do, but I feel like it's too soon to know. I've only been dating the girl for like a day and a half."

"Yeah but you've known her for a few months now haven't you? Maybe you do. And that's okay, just maybe don't tell her so soon. Don't stress it about it." Zoe hopped down from the bleachers and gave me a quick hug.

"Now go on Eilish. You're girlfriends waiting for you."

I walked off into the school popping a piece of mint gum into my mouth to get rid of the weed smell in my mouth.

I went to the front of the school where Elle was stood to the side biting on her nail.

"Hey mama, are you alright?" I asked. She looked up and I could see her face of stress turn to relief.

"Yeah, I am now. There was just a lot of people entering the school and I felt like the were all staring at me."

"It's probably because you're hot as hell. They were probably all thinking 'Damn, look at her. She's so beautiful, I wish she was mine.'"

She chuckled as she looked at my eyes for a little too long.

"Are you alright? Your eyes a little red."

"Yeah I'm fine baby. Just allergies. I probably rubbed them a little too much." I said, saying the first thing that came to mind. "Come here, lemme kiss you."

I took my finger under her chin and lifted her head up a little bit to press my lips against hers. I could feel the heat radiating off her cheeks and I knew she was blushing.

Just as I thought, when I pulled away her cheeks were tinted a light shade of red.

"You're cute when you blush."

"Shut up."

"Don't tell me what to do."

Her blush grew and she hid her face in my chest. I chuckled and kissed her head as I heard the first period bell ring.

"Come on mama, we gotta go to class."

~

The day went by pretty normally aside from my overthinking about what happened this morning.

I said I loved Elle. I knew I meant it but there was so many other questions that were swarming my brain.

Do I actually love her? Or is that just the soft part of me talking? Should I tell her? But if I tell her I might scare her off and I definitely didn't wanna do that.

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard Elles gentle voice break through the chaos that was my thoughts.

"What?" I said quietly. Not wanting to attract attention from the teacher.

"You seem zoned out. Is everything alright?" She asked turning her attention towards me.

"Yeah, I'm just overthinking some things."

"Is it bad?" She asked, and I immediately knew what she was thinking about.

I reached down and interlaced our fingers, giving her knuckles a kiss.

"Don't worry love it's not about us. I still very much want to be with you. This is just something of my own. I'll be alright I promise."

She nodded and I kissed her forehead as she smiled, turning her attention back to the lecture.

~

Elle

I sighed as I grabbed my books out of my locker for my next period.

English. Which I now despise. Me and Alexis sit right next to each other in that class. It wouldn't have been a problem a few weeks ago. But ever since she basically abandoned me she's been nothing but plain bitchy to me. Which was a shock at first but I slowly stopped caring.

Billie disappeared after lunch and I hadn't heard from her since. I was a little worried but I figured something just came up with her family.

"I see you actually put in effort with your outfit today." I rolled my eyes at the annoying voice behind me.

"Who are you trying to impress?"

I didn't respond and just kept getting my things from my locker.

"Hey, I'm talking to you barcode." She shoved me in my shoulder and I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Yes, I know. I can hear you Alexis. I'm not deaf."

"Why are you all dressed up? You finally found someone desperate enough to take you out?"

I chuckled. She wants to be this way? Well two can play at that game. After I put all my stuff in my bag I turned around.

"No. She found me. You might know her actually, her names Billie. You know that super hot girl in our math class?"

Her jaw clenched and she flipped her annoyingly long hair over her shoulder.

"I hope you realize she's just pitying you. She doesn't actually like you and soon she'll get bored of you. Just like Tyler did."

I rolled my eyes again.
"Is that the only way you know how to insult me? By bringing up my ex? Is your life really that miserable that you have to make mine miserable too? Grow the fuck up Alexis you're a junior in high school not a fucking 7th grader."

I shoved past her and walked into my english class where I proceeded to ask the teacher if I could switch seats with someone and she moved me away from Alexis.

I texted Billie since I hadn't heard from her and waited for a response back. I knew she was having kind of an off day, so I just wanted to make sure she was alright.

Bil💙
Hey Bils, you disappeared after lunch. Is everything okay? Let me know please. ♡︎
Delivered 1:46pm

★ ★ ★ ★

A/N: y'all are so not ready.

love y'all! :)