ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀʟ

(A/n): For the sake of the story, Kat does soccer during gym, not as an acc sport

ᴋᴀᴛ ꜱɴᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀꜱ ɪ ʙʀᴜꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ, ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴍɪʀʀᴏʀ. "ᴅᴏ ɪ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ?"

I turned to look at her and she nodded, with a wide smile. "Y/n! He's gonna see you!" I shrugged, looking back in the mirror. I gave the best Joey smolder I could and replied, "Let them see." She laughed again and I put down my mirror and looked at his table. He was sketching a pair of boobs on his tray. He looked up at me and yelled, "Why don't you guys have food? Are you poor?" Just then, one of my freshman interns ran over, with a bag of Chipotle. I pulled out my bowl and so did Kat. "No, we just don't eat rats." My best friend and I smiled at each other again before digging into our food. Back at Joey's table, Micheal had walked over and sat down, Joey still finishing his tits. He smiled and looked around, as if he was supposed to sit with them. They all gave him a weird look, and motioned with their eyes for him to get up. He tried to come up with something to distract them, but all he could come up with was, "Is that a peach fruit roll-up? Because, that not something you really see-" A grown 30 year old-looking man from prison grabbed his wrist, squeezing it tight. "Okay, okay, okay-" He ripped his hand away and Joey, looking at him concerned, said, "Are you lost?" He shook his head, "No, I just came by to chat." He looked at his friend and looked back, shaking his head. "We don't chat." He rephrased his sentence, leaning in to speak to him more privately, "Well, actually, I thought I'd run an idea by you. Just to see if you're interested." Joey looked in his eyes as he said with a smile, "I'm not." He tried again, "Well, hear me out." Joey grabbed the side of his face and went in with his marker, "You want Bianca, right." He frowned, leaning back and stopping his drawing. "No, I want Verona. Y/n, I'm not gay," he added when he saw the faces of his friends."But, she said she'd go out with me when Bianca has her first kiss." He nodded, and Joey kept sketching. "Did Y/n confirm this, or was she being sarcastic? You're gonna have to make an explicit deal with her, or she's just gonna laugh in your face." Joey glared, and the prisoner got closer. "But, anyway, she can't kiss anyone because her sister's this insane head case and no one will go out with her, right?" He continued drawing as he replied, "Does this conversation have a purpose?" Joey diverted his attention, to once again look to the girl be believed to be the most attractive in the school. She had a bright smile on her face, as she fed her friend guacamole with the chips she had bought with her meal. Her beautiful laugh could be heard from across the room and he smiled, as Y/n did, after hearing what her friend had to say. "Okay." Y/n was confused at her random exclamation, and waited for more context. "Okay, I- I think you should do cheer. And I will too." I whisper screamed, "Really?" My eyes went wide, and I hugged her from across the table quickly. "Yeah. Coach said I was too volatile to try out for soccer anyway, cuz I got in a fight with Dina Adori during gym, so I'm free for cheer anyway." I gave her a look so full of excitement and love. And, she showed the same affection back, grabbing my hand that was on the table. "I have a dick on my face, don't I?" 

I looked up to see my friend with an ugly and low-budget sketch of a penis on his face. "Yes, yes you do." He sighed and I waved him down, pulling out my hand sanitizer. After putting some on my hands to clean off my lunch, I put some on his face, rubbing his skin clean of the permanent marker, the purple becoming quite abundant on my Chipotle napkin. "Why exactly did Donner do this?" He shrugged, while leaning away from me as I brushed his face a little too hard. I whispered and apology, throwing the, now dirty, napkin in my empty bowl. "Good as new." He ran a hand though his hair, in a Joey Donner fashion, and whispered, "Perfect."

--

I smiled nervously, and as best as I could, while walking up to the varsity girls. They were stood by the stone bleachers, setting up their music. They all paused when seeing me approach, waiting to hear what I had to say. "Um, hi! I'm Y/n. I wanted to try out for varsity cheer this year, with my friend." As mean as I thought they seemed from far away, they all smiled warmly at me and seemed excited at the prospect of me trying out. "Really?" one of them asked, "We used to do gymnastics together, if you remember. You and Kat were the best in the class! I was hoping that you guys would try out sooner or later. Is that the friend you were talking about?" I only really have one friend. At least, one that I'm close to. "Yeah, Kat." She hummed in response and waved me over, into their line. "Watch us a few times so you can learn the dance for tryouts." I sat down, watching them run through it a few times; I was pretty great at memorizing, and would learn it really quickly, perfect it, and then teach it to Kat. After the third time of them repeating, I asked if I could join. After being met with positive answers, I joined the line. As they turn the music back on and counted in, my mind slowly melded in with my body, my limbs moving on their own, and my mind counting notes. They cheered for me as they finished, seemingly impressed with my memorization. "That was really great! We could take a break, and then try it again?" I nodded, as the girls sat down. "Hey, aren't you that girl Joey Donner embarrassed himself for yesterday?" I cringed at the memory, but nodded as a yes to the girl who was sipping her water. "He's cute. You're so lucky." I laughed, shaking my head. As I looked back at him from across the field, I frowned. "He is cute, hot even." My eyes trailed over his muscles, and face that looked sculpted. "But, he's really just a jerk, and a creep. You don't want him. Neither do I." I'm just wondering what business he has with my brother. 

Verona's POV

"So," I got myself more comfortable, "you're gonna pay me to go out with my sister's best friend? For what, so you can kiss some freshman, or something. Gross, dude. I don't think my sister will be fine with that." Joey pleaded his case again, but I wasn't gonna do shit for less than forty bucks. Especially since I just saw this linebacker of a woman beat someone down on the field. "Fine, fifty." I smirked, "Looks like you have a deal," I agreed as I blew smoke into his face. If Y/n agrees.  I jogged over to my sister, who surprisingly was being thrown into the air by a bunch of girls. They all laughed as they set her down on the ground. "That was awesome!" I rolled my eyes at her, thrillseeker. Half the shit they thought I did, she did. The girls giggled and shit as I walked by, as if to get my attention. "Sup, Verona." She turned around with a grin, jumping up to hug me, even though she was much shorter. "Hi, Trick." that was the beloved nickname she came up with one Halloween that seemed to stick, much better than Pat, Patty cake, and my horrible government name, Patrick. "So, I got something to ask you, Y/n. And I don't think you're gonna like it." She shrugged, grabbing her water bottle. "Depends on what you say." As she took a swig, it all came out, "Can I go on a date with Kat?" She spit all of her water into my face, one of the most disgusting things that has ever happened to me. "What the fuck." She laughed, and wiped my eyes. "You want some face with that water," she joked. "You really wanna go out with Kat? You never speak to her." I didn't really know how to respond to that. I know Y/n, I just want to have some pocket money, and Joey Donner'll give me a fifty for some Raisinettes. "Um, yeah. I just thought she was, um," what do girls like.."pretty! Yeah, um, pretty, and I didn't know what to say."

I muttered that last part, feeling ashamed that my sister would ever think that I had no game. "T, why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you. Do you really like her?" I nodded, looking away from her face. "Okay, then...yea, sure. I'll even put in a good word." My eyes widened larger than a billboard sign and I shook my head in bewilderment. "Really? Just...yes like that?" She shrugged again, setting down her water, and squeezing my arm. "Yeah. As long as you promise not to hurt her, I don't see a problem in it. She's my best friend, my soulmate. Who better to date my second favorite person on Earth, than my first favorite. The person who's most like me. My twin." I couldn't help but grin widely at my sister's words. She was always so loving, and kind, and I truly wished that I could be the same. But all I felt was shitty after hearing her lovely words, compared to what my true reason was to speak to her best friend. This didn't phase her, as she pushed me towards the bleachers, seeing soccer intramurals making their way back inside. With one last look at my sister's hopeful thumbs up, I made my way to Kat, kissing goodbye to any chance of my sister forgiving me. 

--

"Bruh, why is my essay so bad? Is yours this bad, cuz I think I could've written a better one by copying off Donner." I was scanning over my work while whispering to my best friend during English. She silently shrugged and sent me the link to hers so I could copy and paste a few sentences, while she copied parts of mine. "It's really good, actually. You're just a perfectionist." I smiled at her, and went to tell her something, when I was tapped on the back. I turned around to see a typical Joey Donner smirk. "Well? Is there something you need?" He looked startled, and calmed himself before responding. "Yeah, did you mean what you said in the hallway?" I frowned, confused on what he meant. "You know, you said you would go out with me when Bianca has her first kiss. You were serious about that, right?" I rolled my eyes, shaking my head, "Did you think I was? Idiot." To this, he stood up; "Excuse me, I think Y/n is copying my essay." I scoffed, and he laughed slightly, leaning down to say, "If you make it a deal, I'll sit down." I ignored him, standing up too, "Why would I copy his horrible ass essay? He's literally failing this class." Everyone started laughing and this infuriated him even more. "Do you hear this? She's lying!" Our teacher looked as though he could believe me, but then he replied, "Y/n, you know this is a serious accusation, right? With an accusation, the school would have to look into it." I opened my mouth to yell, but Kat grabbed my arm, signaling for me to stop. She then got up too, turning to Joey, "She says yes. It isn't gonna happen anyway, so sit your ass down Donner." I whisper-screamed no at her, but she shook her head as she dragged me down back into the seat, as Joey apologized to our teacher for his "wrong" accusation and sat down with the biggest smile on his face.