02: DON'T INTERFERE

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓

You had just finished your punishment in the faculty room for assaulting students from another school the other day. Balancing a stack of papers assigned for your second detention of the day, you made your way towards the vending machine in the first floor, near the cafeteria.

The school authorities hadn't imposed a severe punishment on you, recognizing your importance for the upcoming school-to-school martial arts tournament in a week, and acknowledging your busy schedule filled with training and classes.

You were the school's pride in karate. You had brought the school into national competitions during your first year but now you were a graduating student. They decided not to give you a severe punishment and just let other things pass. Even though some were opposed to it, but they couldn't help it since you were one of the best students in the school.

"Hanagaki-chan, you're just as cool as you've always been!" A second year said as you walked past him. You gave no response and continued on your way to where you were intended to be.

You stood in front of the vending machine. Eyes locked on the drink you craved but couldn't get. Why? Because you had forgotten to bring your wallet.

"Dumbass," you muttered to yourself, tilting your head as a shadow fell over you. Turning around, you found yourself confronted by none other than Kiyomasa. His face bruised, a pleasant surprise, accompanied by his lackeys.

"What the hell are you looking at, bitch?" Kiyomasa spat, his underlings egging him on with grins, while his eyes bore into you with malice.

You chuckled at his words. "Kiyomasa-kun, I had no idea you could get any uglier than you actually are."

Kiyomasa seethed with fury, his fists clenched as he leaned menacingly towards you, trying to intimidate you but it would never happen.

"Do you want to die?" He roared, but you simply pursed your lips and scanned the surroundings, ensuring no one else was around. The bell had rung two minutes ago, signaling the start of the first period and everyone had probably gone to their classes.

"How about you? Do you want to die?" You innocently questioned.

Despite your strong desire to confront Kiyomasa physically, you had always respected Takemichi's request not to interfere with him. As a result, you had never engaged in a true fight with him. Raising your hand in front of Kiyomasa's face, you waved dismissively. "Never mind. Your face has been beaten enough. And you're just a waste of time," you remarked snidely as you walked away, leaving them stunned with jaws hanging open.

Kiyomasa hissed after you left, "That bitch."

"Kiyomasa-kun, don't push it," one of his lackeys cautioned as they watched you disappear up the stairs.

"Hanagaki-senpai is the school's martial arts star."

"I don't give a damn. She'll get what she asked for," Kiyomasa retorted. Hatred coursed through his veins as he burned every detail of your appearance into his memory, vowing to exact his revenge. "Draken and that bitch will meet their end."

•••

As Takemichi's thoughts raced, time seemed to slow down as he contemplated how to save both his cousin and girlfriend, Hinata, from a grim fate. He was at a loss on how to prevent Kisaki Tetta and Sano Manjiro from crossing paths, especially since he had only recently encountered Sano Manjiro during his brawl with Kiyomasa.

Meanwhile, two prominent members of a notorious gang had just arrived at Takemichi's homeroom classroom, striding confidently with their heads held high. However, the shorter boy abruptly halted in his tracks upon spotting one of the four students heading towards the restroom on the second floor. Sensing his partner's sudden pause, the other gang member turned back to check on him.