Chapter 2: What...?

__________________________________________________

Trees were disturbed as a flock of crows flew by, heaps of snow fell off their branches. A man wearing a loose, long sleeved green shirt, black pants, a green and white striped bucket hat, and a black overcoat looked up to the sky. His shoulder-length blonde hair flowed with the wind. He looked just like anyone else would, with the expectation of his wings. His pale blue eyes were filled with worry. Techno should have been back yesterday. Phil held out his arm and a crow perched on it.
"Hurtnoblade," The bird squawked. Phil was getting more concerned by the minute.

"Chat, stop freaking out. I'm sure he's fine," Another bird perched by the first crow. The flock surrounded Philza, telling him to find Technoblade, warning him he was in danger.
"Bastion," A bird landed on his hat. "TechnoTrapped!" Phil waved the bird away, only for it to peck his hand in response. He spread his wings to force the birds away.

"Fine. We'll go look for Techno. But I swear if you're getting me all worried over nothing-" A crow grabbed Phil's hat and started to fly away with it. "Hey!" Phil took flight and chased after his hat.

__________________________________________________

Techno's head throbbed from pain, his limbs were sore, and his eyes were heavy. Getting up was out of the question. He could hear the sound of hooves stomping across the room. The sound was nearing by the second. Techno opened one eye to find himself face to face with a group of five piglins. Only two were armed, their shimmering gold swords half broken.

"I think it's awake."
"No duh." Techno huffed as the piglins argued. He was way too tired for this. He closed his eyes again. He scanned his memories, but nothing came up as to why he was here. Wasn't he just talking with Phil? No, arguing. He'd have to apologize later. That'd have to wait though. Right now, sleep was all he wanted.
"Guys, I don't think this one's hostile. It hasn't attacked us yet."

"Only the young ones aren't hostile, and that's only if it'd trained! This one's definitely not a child. And if it was trained, where's it's owner?"
Trained? Owned? He wasn't some animal. Since when do piglins take humans as pets? Heck, when did they have pets at all?
"I'm not some pet." Techno was surprised by his own voice. That wasn't English. He'd never heard this language before. The piglins back away a little.
"What'd it say?"
"That sounded like how others of its like would tell something to go away, like a warning. Let's get out of here!" The piglins ran off down a corridor. Now that he noticed, there were these white things that blocked some of his vision. He turned his head a bit. They didn't move. Maybe it was a trick of his eyes. He lifted his hand to rub his eye, only to see a hoof instead. Okay, that's not normal. He panicked a bit, what happened? He noticed a head pop out from behind a doorway as he stood.

The hoglin. Great. It sprinted at him, ramming into his side. He managed to keep hold of his balance.
"Play with me!" The hoglin spoke the same language as Techno did. How did he understand it? Nevertheless speak it when he's never heard it.
"Go find someone else to tackle, kid. I'm busy." Techno moved the child away a bit, wanting to stay as far away from it as possible. He never was good with children.
"But I wanna play!" The hoglin only walked back to him. Was it just him, or did the hoglin seem smaller?
"I think it's a she. It seems like that's her kid." Techno turned his head to see the piglins he encountered earlier hiding behind the same doorway the hoglin had before.
"This thing is not my kid." He stomped his hoof at the piglins. The heads disappeared behind the doorway, the sound of hooves hitting the ground could be heard. Did they think he was an idiot? The sound didn't fade away like it should have if they were actually walking away. He walked over to the doorway and saw the piglins sitting on the ground, one walking in place.
"Eep!" One of the piglins backed away. Techno walked back to where he woke up and laid down, keeping his guard up. The hoglin laid next to Techno, still whining about wanting to play.

Okay, apparently I'm no longer human. Not that I fully was in the first place, but now I'm something else entirely. I've never heard this language the hoglin spoke to me in, yet I could speak it and understand it. I can't seem to speak English. I can suddenly understand hoglins, and the piglins can't understand me.

Remembering what happened, he looked around his surroundings. There was a hole in one corner that led down farther into the bastion, normally those are a long fall. There was only one entry to the room he was in, there was also a window constructed of iron bars. Techno noticed the piglins were once again watching him. Cowards. Couldn't even speak to him. But out of everything, there's still two ways to escape. The piglins by the doorway seem too weak to even begin to fight him off, and there's the drop down to the next floor. Techno stood up, the hoglin by him doing the same. He walked to the doorway again, but the piglins weren't there. Maybe they learned some common sense. Two sets of hoglin hooves could be heard as Techno walked down the corridor, the smaller hoglin following. He'd have to lose it sooner or later. "Over there!" A familiar voice could be heard as footsteps sprinted towards him. He turned to see a larger group of piglins, more armed this time and with better weapons, running at him. He turned fully to face them and got ready to charge. If he can't fight the way he used to before this, then he'd have to learn in this new form.

_________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Thank you for reading this story, I honestly didn't think this would get more than five reads, not to mention twenty! Sorry I haven't posted recently. As this is my first book, I'm not used to writing and updating, and at times I keep forgetting this exists. Thank you all for being so patient. :D