006 | TRAGEDY

She was falling. It was dark and cold. She didn't know where she was falling to. It was just her.

All alone.

Her thoughts are mixed, all talking at once, too loud to focus on just one. Just a jumble of words and voices overlapped. She couldn't move. Her body was frozen along with time. There was no time.

The darkness around her filled her soul.
Until she was nothing at all. Just an insignificant object in this cruel world of hers.

There it was. Emotion.
Unfairness.
Frustration.
Disappointment.
She felt a tear trickle down her cheek. More emotion was dumped onto her shoulders until she couldn't hold it up anymore.

She was drowning in her own problems, the voices in her mind becoming louder. Screams and yells of different words. All of them wanting attention.

She wanted it to be silent. She wanted tranquility. She wanted so much but it was out of her reach. She was like a child, frustrated with herself that she couldn't change things.

She couldn't save the one she loved.

Her head felt like splitting into two. Her jaw tightened as she fought for the one thing she couldn't reach. An unfair war, her loss bound to happen.

She felt her feet touch the hard ground. Mikasa opened her eyes as the world fell silent. The war going on in her head had paused. Her eyes wandered around the place, jumping from object to object. It was nighttime. All the city lights were on.

She adored the different colors in silence, her breath visible in front of her.

She was standing on a sidewalk. Multiple shops next to her. She looked at the guide sign above her. She read the silver numbers and letters.

"Twenty-third street," She whispered. She felt something cold touch her nose. Mikasa grabbed it as she noticed the thing started melting in between her fingers.

Snow.

More started to fall. It was slow and light, yet so wonderful. Mikasa smiled slightly. "This world might be cruel but it's so beautiful." She mumbled, trying to catch the snow in her hands.

Mikasa looked up. She noticed two butterflies fluttering in front of her. They were alluring. Both were white and it seemed as if they were chasing each other.

Mikasa smiled, amused at the creatures. She followed them around, watching them closely. Mikasa's smile grew wider as the butterflies flew around her in circles.

What threw her off was that the butterflies had started getting too aggressive with each other. A playful scene turned into a brutal one. They both knocked into each other.

The two butterflies morphed into one big butterfly. Mikasa frowned, finding this odd. The butterfly was as big as the size of a foot. It fluttered above Mikasa's face and landed on her nose.

She surprisingly stood still. Her eyes crossed, staring at the butterfly. She watched the wings start to fade into black as if someone has spilled ink on their wings.

Mikasa stared, shocked at the black butterfly. Her mind started working better. Slowly, her brain became conscious that this was a dream.

Or was it?

A little voice in the back of her head taunted her, telling her it was all real. Feeding her the lies of her new reality.

The butterfly flew around her, flapping its wings loudly. In the blink of an eye, the butterfly turned into a crow. It started cawing loudly, flying up to the traffic light.

Mikasa stared curiously. What was going on? It started snowing harder. Suddenly, her head twisted to look at the crosswalk. A human-like figure was standing there.

Its face was unknown, for what Mikasa was staring at was a shadow. Nobody. Nothing. The shadow moved and held out an arm. It froze at that motion.

Mikasa started feeling anxious. Whatever this was, she wanted it to end. She felt uncomfortable in this new world she had found. She barely took a step when the figure let the most turbulent yell out.

"MIKASA!"

Mikasa was frightened at this. She kept ordering herself to wake up, repeatedly. She didn't even know how, but she found herself in the middle of the street, replacing the shadow's place. Mikasa was unable to move her feet. They were stuck.

She panicked. "What the hell," She mumbled. Mikasa heard a honk in front of her. She looked up, blinded by two lights shining in front of her. She heard a car engine accelerate.

Mikasa realized what this was. She wasn't ready. She never was. She screamed as she protected her face with her arms, squeezing her eyes shut. The darkness devoured her once again.