Chapter One// Toxic Dreams

I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling as my fan spun in circles.

Damn... I'm really going to college

I mean of course I am but just the thought that I was once excited about starting middle school and finally growing up, to now actually being grown and going to college. I remember asking my mom to make my braids longer on the first day of school so I could look older, and wearing bigger hoop earrings... man I miss it...

*Ding*

Chloe✨🦋: U ready bitchhh!

I smiled as I read her message. Me and Chloe have been bestfriends since like sandbox days... I love her with my whole heart...well when she's not getting on my nerves... but I deal with her cause that's my baby. We've cried together, lied together, and laughed together. 

Me: Yessss I'm soooo readyyy, you still picking me up right?🤨

Chloe: ofc chileeee, you know I gotta come see my baby😌😏

Me: me or....my brother🙄?

Chloe: I was talking bout yo fineee ass brother but ig you too!😞😭

Me: 😂😒😒

I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh while putting my phone on my bed. It's like 5:46pm so I'm gonna take a mini nap. Hopefully when I wake up I can finish packing up my decorations. I looked over at all my boxes and bags and smiled. I threw my soft brown cover over my head and let my eyes shut. This is gonna be a good ass nap...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

10:39:pm

Shit... I guess it was a good ass nap 

I stood up and stretched before going to the living room. I saw my mom and my dad cooking together in the kitchen. Awww. I smiled as they shared a moment between each other. I like when they show each other love and affection and not argue all the time. They both have really passionate and strong personalities so the arguing is very chaotic, but the moments like these makes everything else melt away

I sat down on the couch and was about to turn on the tv. "Why is it so quiet?" I yelled to the kitchen. "Is Cory sleep?" 

I heard my mom place the pan on the stove forcefully as she let out a *puff* of air. "He's probably still out with his sorry ass excuse of a father" I heard her say from the kitchen. My brother is 2 years older then me and we have separate fathers. My mom was young and you know how the story goes. She has a child with the man, he turns out to be a dead beat, yada yada yada, they end up breaking up and fast forward 16 years later he's in and out of the child's life and NOW has him mixed up in the "streets".

Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, but he can be an idiot most of the time. He's trying to get his fathers validation by joining the streets . Me and my brother are really close and we have deep conversations all the time. Deep down I know he's hurting...he's trying so hard to get his fathers attention by stealing, selling, killing, that he doesn't even notice his loving family right here. My mother is so stressed out and I know she's hurting too, but her hurt shows in her frustration. 

On a more happier note we just payed our Netflix bill so I'm going straight to my shows. I could still hear my dad trying to calm my mom down in the kitchen as I watched my show.

A few hours had passed and my mom and dad had joined me on the couch. My head laid softly in her lap as her head leaned against my dads shoulder. Every few minutes he would he would suck his teeth at the tv.

"What's wrong now?" I said as I looked at my dad. " Nothing" My dad said as he shook his head so I turned back to the tv screen. I turned off my show and turned on the conjuring . I heard another noise coming from his side of the couch. "DAD seriously what's wronggg" I say annoyed.

"I just don't get why you wanna watch this crazy mess, you might need to get baptized or hit with a bible or something" he said while turning his head away from the tv screen. The girl was being possessed  by the spirits in the house and woke up on the ceiling. "Amen to that" I heard my mom say, agreeing with my dad. I just rolled my eyes and my mother laughed making my father laugh.

The movie was now over and they fell asleep on me. I grabbed one of the covers on the smaller couch and placed it over them while cutting out the light and turning off the tv. Before heading to my room I heard a a small knock on the door. I looked out the peep hole on the door and saw Cory. I opened the door and let him in.

"I should smack you in yo neck" I whisper yell to him disappointed. He just smiled and walked right pass me. "I'm serious, ma was worried about you... you have to stop seriously Cory. You said you would stop". He kept walking to his room and I followed behind him. "Cory, I know you hear m-" before I could finish my sentence my eyes popped out my head. Cory placed a gun in his dresser. "I'm going to stop Nadia, I am. I just have to do one last drop off and dad said I'm done for good". 

"Yeah, yeah, you said that two drop offs ago. And just you calling him dad makes my stomach ache. He's not your dad...he's your boss...he not even close to being a father" I say while fixing my ponytail. "Nadia just get out ok, I really don't wanna hear your shit right now" He said as he took off his jacket. I just walked out the room and went into mine. Honestly, I didn't feel like arguing either.

I laid back in bed and just scrolled through tiktok....looking at college hacks and edits. My eyes started to feel heavy and minutes later I fell asleep.

——————————

If you saw the other chapter before this.... no you didn't😂. I wanted to change up the story and make a better plot. I REALLY like this chapter and I'm really happy with the plans I have for this book. Anyways y'all vote and comment because I love seeing the comments. Also share and I'll see y'all at the end of chapter 2 babiesssss🦋✨💋💋😌😌😌😌oh and I'm also updating the characters page.