Prologue

Centuries have passed by... but still, to hold a pen, my hands shiver. Written are the things that one wish to let others know but who knows the worries hidden beneath that ink?

For years, I have fought with myself. With my sole aim at my own reflection. Been through dozens of battles, still I am not able to absolve that agony in my heart. In this battle of emotions, I am the prey, also the predator.

Flowers blooms, and withered, it's still not the end but things have changed tremendously. The starry sky hasn't changed, but the people under that sky has... What remains the same is still those unanswered questions.

Those who know me, doesn't necessarily understand me.
I am that arrow, supported by the strength of love carved as a bow. Many are there, who pity me for what my life was, but I never said that I had a tough life, for my focus is upon those who willingly pushed themselves backwards to release this arrow to be known as Arjuna. I never wish to let them down by saying that I still had a tough life, for the innumerable memories they have imprinted on the trial of mine are unforgettable. What I wish for isn't pity, nor any comfort talks, it's just an understanding of how I reached to this extent where the world look up to me, while I look upon those who helped me ascend.

All that I got today, rather it be pity or fame, my gratitude for them remains unexpressed. This 'them' is none else but my own family. It was the summon of time, I had to leave. If only I could live those moments a while longer when I was in the arms of my father, on the lap of my mother, in the feet of my teacher, in the company of my brothers, in the vermillion of my wives and in the heart of my eternal friend.

Alas! Neither I could get them back nor freeze the time, all I could do is pave the way to my goal and let them know that their hardships to shape this Arjuna, was worthwhile.

I don't wish to be the Mahanayaka, just let me be the little Phalguna who could reside in their heart, not as a memory, but as a beloved of bone and flesh.

Who knows me, knows the love and support given by them. And the one who knows this love, knows me as well. Those who sang my praise are actually appreciating them, and I am content in it, for my Heaven is in their heart, truly...

Just let me live those moments a while longer...

~Arjuna

A/N:

• Will be based on BORI CE version of Mahabharata, though some fictional scenes will be added, to describe his life as an individual, because not much of it is described.

• The tale is told through Arjuna's point of view.

• Dedicated to the Almighty and his devotee, Warrior Arjuna.

• Copyright©2021 to Rudraakshi

Fun fact: today's Arjuna's monthly birthday ;P I can't wait till his yearly birthday though it's in only 3-4 months T-T imma go on a dinner with him, cya~~~

Thanks for reading :)
~Parthvi