The Enigma Within

A/n This is another rewritten chapter!

The following day, news reached the ears of Lady Ei that Kunikuzushi had departed from their midst. How did this revelation come to light, one might wonder? Lady Ei, being astute and perceptive, had entrusted the task to none other than General Kujou Sara, a trusted and capable warrior in her ranks. It was under the watchful eyes of General Kujou that Kunikuzushi's movements were to be observed, a command she was determined to fulfill.

"Kunikuzushi," Lady Ei called.

There was a shuffling sound causing Lady Ei to turn around revealing Kunikuzushi being held by 5 attendants and trying to get them to let go, Only now Lady Ei realized how she treated Kunikuzushi to be this way. Sighing from the thought in her head. "Kun-"

"Kunikuzushi," Lady Ei called, her voice laced with a mix of concern and remorse.

The room fell silent as the attendants tightened their grip, restraining Kunikuzushi's struggling form. Lady Ei's eyes met his, and in that fleeting moment, she recognized the pain and anger etched upon his face. The weight of her actions and the consequences they had borne bore down upon her, filling her with a profound sense of regret.

With a heavy sigh, Lady Ei gathered her thoughts, But before she could continue, Kunikuzushi's words cut through the air, his voice laden with bitterness and pain. "I hate you," he spat, his words hanging in the air, a sharp reminder of the deep wounds that had been inflicted.

"Hate is a strong word, child," a voice emerged from the shadows, capturing everyone's attention. It was Guuji Yae, a woman of many talents and a powerful kitsune youkai. Yae Miko, as she is known, exuded an air of mischievousness, her vibrant pink hair cascading down in loose waves and her bright purple eyes sparkling with hidden secrets. Her fox ears twitched playfully atop her head, a clear indication of her supernatural nature. As the partner of Lady Ei and a trusted confidante, Yae had a unique bond with Kunikuzushi, considering him their own child.

She stepped forward, her gaze moving between Lady Ei and Kunikuzushi, as a playful smile curved on her lips. "Now, now, let's not dwell in such negativity," Yae spoke, her voice carrying a comforting yet mischievous tone. "We're all part of a unique family, bound together by the threads of fate. Hatred may cloud our hearts, but remember, forgiveness and understanding have the power to mend even the deepest wounds."

"Hate is indeed a potent emotion, resonating deep within one's being," Kunikuzushi's voice dripped with disdain as he addressed Guuji Yae, his words laced with a venomous intensity. His eyes burned with a fiery resentment, refusing to waver in their conviction. "And in this case, my feelings towards you, dear fox, are an embodiment of that hatred. I despise your very existence, loathe the ground you walk upon, and hold no ounce of affection or regard for you."

"Hate is indeed a powerful emotion, capable of consuming one's heart and clouding their judgment," Yae responded, her tone steady and composed. She locked eyes with Kunikuzushi, her purple gaze meeting his fiery glare without flinching. "But my dear child, remember that hate is also a burden. It weighs down the soul and hinders one's ability to grow and find inner peace."

Kunikuzushi scoffed, his eyes filled with disdain. "I have no interest in your explanations," he retorted, his voice laced with bitterness. "Just tell these foolish attendants to release me and let me be."

"You wound me, dear child. I am not merely a mere fox, but rather your esteemed fox mother. Let us not forget the weight of our familial bond," Miko retorted, her words tinged with a hint of sarcasm, as if relishing in the playful banter.

Kunikuzushi's eyes rolled in exasperation, his frustration evident in his dismissive gesture. Lady Ei, her brows furrowed with concern, addressed Miko with a questioning tone. "Why have you graced us with your presence, Miko?"