Chapter 9

"Wow, you sure can scream."

A young man, seemingly no older than she was, stood before her; in her living room. A stranger! He observed her with his mesmerising crystal eyes, only slightly tilting his head aside. His silvery white hair was styled neatly, complimenting his pale skin. When he smiled and showed a set of pearly white teeth, Thalia snapped from her trance.

She looked around frantically and grabbed a vase situated on the windowsill aside. "Who the hell are you?"

"Darling, what are you going to do with that?" He asked flatly, raising a brow the same colour as his hair. "Do show mercy to those poor flowers inside."

"Who are you?" She repeated more boldly, narrowing her eyes. Now more than ever she wished she could use her powers and bend him to her will.

The young man slowly approached her, making her take a step back in alarm. He waved his hand and she felt calmness ooze through her, her heartbeat decreasing instantly. As she was trying to decipher what had just happened, he took the vase from her hand and placed it back on the windowsill, making sure the flowers get enough sunshine.

"All better now?" He asked calmly as he turned back around, giving her a lazy smile.

"You're a god," Thalia said matter-of-factly. "Or a demigod. Well, something."

"I think you know exactly who I am." He pointed a finger at her, observing her face closely. "You are smart enough to conclude it, I've seen it."

"You've seen it? You've been stalking me?" She asked, but she knew the answer to her question.

His charming smile only grew as he plopped down onto the couch. "Kind of."

"What did you do to me? I should be freaking out over all this." She crossed her arms over her chest, frowning when he patted the empty space beside him, inviting her to sit down.

"I simply calmed you down. I need you to have a clear head, so we can talk in peace."

"Talk about what? How you messed with my head yesterday?" She accused bitterly, now getting angry.

"It wasn't on purpose. I tried speaking to you, but you managed to block me out and created an illusion to keep me from reaching further into your head. However, you have little control over your powers, so it got out of control and it turned into a nightmare." He shrugged. "You are stronger than I thought."

"I assume you wanting to reach me had something to do with Hades, not me," Thalia openly said, watching as surprise flickered over his features.

"Told you you were smart." The young man finally grinned, leaning back onto the couch and placing his hands behind his head casually.

"Will you just get to the point? Which god are you? What do you want?"

"That is between me and Hades. However, I do find you quite interesting. Not many demigods or gods for that matter can stop me from digging through their minds."

"Am I supposed to be impressed? Hades is not here, so I'd appreciate it if you'd just leave and try to contact him through the mind link. I really don't want to get involved into more god bullshit," Thalia said calmly, still keeping her arms crossed.

The young man laughed a little. "Hades has really been giving you a hard time, huh? He's such a diva, isn't he?"

"If by diva you mean arrogant, childish and impulsive, then yes." She pursed her lips.

"He has a bit of a "grumpy old man" approach to the world, right?"

This time, Thalia smiled and sat onto the armchair. "Exactly." In that moment she decided she really couldn't care less about what this man's business with Hades was and that she might as well use this to her advantage. "You seem to understand what my powers are. Is there any way you could tell me more about it?"