~ Chapter 6 ~

I sat on the windowsill in the common room, watching as various creatures swam past the window. I love sitting with nothing to do, and just letting my mind wonder.

I found the castle to be so peaceful this time of night, and most of the students had already vacated to their dorms.

The daily life around Hogwarts suited me well. I was learning so much, so quickly and I was really enjoying my lessons. The homework wasn't my idea of fun, but I wasn't one to complain. The more studying I was doing, the better; it was keeping me distracted from my mum's letter.

I still didn't know what I would say back, and anything I'd write would probably sound angry. Rightfully so, because I was angry with her for keeping this from me for all these years. Something as incredible as the Wizarding World couldn't possibly be kept from you, especially when you're a witch. Of course, I only learnt of that recently too.

The more I thought about it, the worse I would feel. I knew I couldn't keep pushing it to the back of my mind but I did. I had to, I know I had to write back but not yet.

I don't know where I would go for the holidays, but I was sure I wouldn't be going back 'home'. This was my home, Hogwarts was my home now and I couldn't imagine being back in the muggle world. Without magic, and without my friends it would never be the same.

I was still meeting with Cedric twice a week in the evenings for our Quidditch lessons. He was so sweet and a really good teacher too. I could feel that we were becoming great friends, but I needed to stop blushing every time he said anything close to a compliment.

Undoubtedly, he was incredibly handsome and very kind, and that was definitely why he was put into Hufflepuff. I knew I needed to stay friends with him and I couldn't be caught up in relationships in Hogwarts.

I know Pansy would be ecstatic if I started dating, even more so if it was Cedric. She's been squealing non-stop since I told her about my first flying lesson with him; she's convinced he wants to get to know me, but I'm not so sure.

I don't want to get his friendly Hufflepuff personality mixed up with flirting, if that's what he was even doing. I hadn't asked him about Cho Chang yet either; whether they were an item or not. Surely, if I asked him, he would more than likely assume I'm interested in him, and that would just make our flying lessons a little awkward.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I felt someone sit down beside me on the windowsill. I shuffled to the side, allowing them to sit beside me before I realised who it was. I should really learn to be less oblivious to things, as it wasn't working in my favor lately.

"Nowhere else you could sit?" I asked, looking up at him as he made himself comfortable. His blonde hair was tinted green from the hue of the lake. His skin was pale and cold as his arm brushed against mine.

At the coldness of his arm against mine, I felt my breath catch, and the hair on my arm stood up from the chills.

"I think we both had the same idea" he replied quietly. He turned his head towards the window, watching the lake like I had been only moments ago.

We didn't say anything for a while; we just stayed in each other's company. I wouldn't say I enjoyed his company, but I didn't think about leaving either. For the first time, I actually felt quite calm in his presence and it was nice.

"I don't consider you a friend either you know" I broke the silence, but kept my gaze upon the lake. I felt him shuffle slightly as he turned to look at me.

"Oh yeah?" I knew he was smirking without even looking at him.

"Yeah" I confirmed.

"Why's that then?" he asked, his voice sounded amused.