~ Chapter 12 ~

I walked up to the boys dorm, waiting a moment before knocking. I hadn't ever been this side of the common room, but it felt colder, not the air but the atmosphere. I breathed in slowly through my nose and proceeded to knock.

The door opened, only three or four inches, but it was enough to make out Blaise's features. His frown almost instantly lifted and he opened the door fully. Exposing the inside of their dorm room, and I had to keep my eyes from searching for Draco.

"How can we help you on this fine evening miss?" Blaise bowed down. I laughed, and hit him on his shoulder. "Um, ouch!" he laughed.

"Stop being a prat" I sighed, tucking my hair behind my ear. "I have something for Dra-" I forced the words to stop, and noticed how Blaise had his brow raised. Close call but I'll try again, "I have something for Malfoy".

"Cute!" he clasped his hands together and stepped away from the doorframe.

"Shut up, not like that" I scoffed, hoping Draco could hear me. I needed to gain some of my dignity back, even if I have to hate him again.

"OH DRACO DARLING!" Blaise cooed in his best feminine voice.

Blaise ushered me away from the dorm, and I stepped backwards. Only understanding why he was doing this when Draco finally stepped out from the room. He was in those damn pajama bottoms, just covering his ankles. He paired them with a dark, steel grey hoodie that looked expensive, too expensive for bed. He kept his eyes on the ground, and I did the same. Focusing on the stone floor, like an invisible line between us, separating us. 

It was silent, and for once, I felt uncomfortable around him. I didn't know what to say; nothing that would be appropriate anyway. I really wanted to ask why I'd seen his father in Dumbledore's office a few days ago, but that would be weird. Something needed to be said, someone needed to talk.

"So" he cleared the silence with his low grumble. "What are you doing here?" he asked, keeping eyes head down.

"I needed to give you something" I tightened my grip of the packaging in my hand. "It isn't mine".

I held out the packaging from the necklace he's owled to me, the ripped paper jutting out between my fingers as it lay open in my palm.

"I gave it, to you" he mumbled, not looking up.

"And I'm giving it back. Just take it for merlin's sake" I huffed and held my hand closer to him.

He shook his head, declining my request completely and finally looked up at me. His grey eyes instantly locked onto mine, flickering between them. He kept his jaw tight and managed to come out with the longest exhale, like the kind you make when you've really just had enough of everything. If he hadn't of fucked over our 'friendship' or whatever it was, then I would ask him. I would ask him to burden me with all of his troubles, ask him to tell me what's making him so uptight and angry.

"Put it away will you?" he sneered, turning his head away from me and my outstretched hand.

"Oh for crying out loud Malfoy!" I huffed and stepped into him, shoving the package into the pocket of his hoodie. "It's yours. Now I'm going to bed, goodnight".

"Why are you avoiding me?" he cleared his throat and looked me dead in the eye.

"Are you for real?" I stepped close to him again, this time, with no hesitation. "Do you not recall using legilimency on me Malfoy? Or using me to get your excitement?"

"Y/n I-" he ran his fingers through his hair, frustration written across his face. "I really didn't mean to"

"Which part did you 'not mean to'?" I asked, crossing my arms over my body.