Chapter 10

Y/N 2 years later (2024) at the Silverstone GP

Finally, after years George's got a seat at Mercedes for the 2022 season with Lewis. He was performing well but with Lewis still being their number 1 driver, he didn't get many chances to compete in the championship and have a chance at winning. Now he did. With Lewis retiring, he was now their number 1 driver and had a chance to win the championship this year. He had been performing so well now being fully use to the new car and team. It seemed likely he might win the championship this year, but we were only 8 races into the season and it was still all to race for and with other drivers such as Max, Lando, Alex, Pierre and Charles doing great and getting on the podium as well nobody knew who was going to win.

With it being his first home race as Mercedes number 1 driver and no Lewis to compete with he was determined to win this year but so was Lando. We had worked through it all and I was back to fully trusting him again. life was great. It made it so much easier now going to one motorhome on race weekend instead of 2.

George did exactly what he wanted. He won the British GP as a Mercedes driver. I listened as he cheered over the radio after he went past the finish line and his team who had climbed onto the railing to cheer him across. I then left being upstairs and walked towards the podium where the team had gathered.

They were all buzzing as we waited for George. I made my way to the front next to the team and we waited. When he finally arrived, he posed getting out of the car and looked out to the fans putting his arms in the air as they cheered. He jogged over to his team and jumped into them and they all jumped up and down.

When he parted from the team, he picked me up and spun me around as I smiled

"Well done. I'm so proud of you." I said to him as he placed me down with my head by his helmet.

He then went and quickly got weighed and took his helmet and everything off. He then went and did a quick post-race interview.

"Thank you." They said at the end

"Yeah, thanks. I'd just like to say something else if that's ok." He replied

"Sure." The reporter said

"Thanks. Y/N can you come here please." He said

I looked at him confused as I walked towards him and joined him next to him before he started talking

"For those of you who don't know when you should this is my girlfriend Y/N Wolff who has been my absolute rock and this win wouldn't be possible without her." He said

"Well, I wouldn't really say that you're a great driver," I replied he jokingly glared at me

"Yeah, ok but you have helped me and have always been there for me and I want that to continue for the rest of our lives." He said

It still hadn't clocked on to me until he got down on one knee and someone quickly handed him a box which he opened revealing a beautiful ring. I placed my hands over my mouth shocked.

"So will you marry me?" he asked

"Yes," I said after lowering my hands and nodding and smiling

He placed the ring on my finger and we hugged and kissed as everyone around us clapped. I was not expecting that. Getting engaged on live tv for millions of people to see.

He then left with the others and had the podium celebrations with them while having the British flag wrapped around him. He handed me the champagne bottle when he had come down and I drank some of it. I went back to his room and sat admiring the ring and scrolling through Twitter at everyone congratulating us as he did some post-race interviews.

That night we went out together with some of the team and some of the other drives to celebrate his win and our engagement. I was so excited to spend the rest of my life with him. After everything we have been through, we came out stronger than ever and I couldn't be happier that I gave him a second chance.