Chapter 14

"her"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

I finally reached the parking lot of the school which was crowded with kids and the staff along with the buses. I parked the car in an empty spot. Then I got off the car with my glasses and headed to the trunk to pick up my bag.

"How bout you stop trying to look pretty and get your ass on the bus," Coach yelled while talking to two adults who were Ms.Roe and I think Peyton's dad.

"I just got here," I try to assert him which was a bad idea because that just made him give me a death glare. "I mean yes sir," I said trying to backtrack my last statement earning a laugh from the two people in front of him.

A few people made short conversations with me as I made my way towards the second bus. I finally reached the bus and followed the line of students entering the bus, I saw Lucas sitting near the back but decided it wasn't the best idea to settle next to him. So I just took an empty seat in the middle of the bus and slid my bag on the bottom of the seat. I heard what sounded like an argument outside of the bus so I decided to take a peek. And sure enough, it was Brooke and Whitey in a heated discussion, it was like that until Nate and Haley walked up and talked to them and settled the conversation. When I sat back down, I noticed Theresa sitting next to me with a smile on her face. As I just awkwardly gave her a smile in return.

"I thought this would be a good time for you to know me better. Don't you think so?" she asked me and I was about to respond before someone cleared their throat making both of us lookup.

"I think you're seating in the wrong seat." Brooke insisted with a fake smile on her face. The girl was about to argue but Davis just shot her a glare and that made Theresa just get up and leave.

The head cheerleader just sat down and gave me a grin before pulling put her earphones out. "You really drove her out just so you can sit next to me. I'm flattered." I joked as put my hand over my heart.

"Hey, I just did you a favor, I saved you from her." She replied.

"Who said I needed saving? Maybe I was enjoying her company," I added which caused her to roll her eyes.

"Trust me you wouldn't." she retorted still focusing on her earphones and untangling them. Then Whitey entered and started listing the rules of the trip. I heard an annoyed sigh and turned my attention to the girl who was scrolling through her music on her MP3

"What's wrong?" I asked as she continued to click the buttons trying to see something.

"I'm trying to figure out the music for the cheerleading," she said until she stopped and spoke again. "You know it's nothing you wouldn't get it anyway."

"Try me," I said which made her look back at me surprised by my response. After that, she handed me one earbud as I put it on she started talking about the competition. I looked at her making sure I paid attention to every single thing she said whether or not I knew it. She continued her rambling as I noticed her eyes would have this sparkle to them when she would get lost in telling something. I listened to her for the majority of the trip until she fell asleep on my arm at the end of it, making sure I didn't move the slightest not wanting to risk waking her up. You would think that it would be annoying but it was surprisingly comfortable and relaxing.

~

We finally arrived at the hotel, and everyone went their separate ways but not before getting Whiteys instructions for the trip. I pulled out the key to the hotel room and took off my jacket laying it on the bed next to the window and put my stuff there as well. I heard the door click as someone entered the space. I peeked my head from the view of the wall seeing Jake Jagielski come in.

"Hey Andrew, looks like we're gonna be bunk buddies," Jake greeted as he tried to carry his bags while trying to keep the door open. I quickly rushed to the entrance to help the guy. "Thanks," he responded to my actions. He put his belongings on his bed before looking out of the window. "Seems like we hit the jackpot with this view."

"Yep, thought we were going to be facing a construction site for the trip," I said which earned a chuckle from him. "How are ya holding you up, you know with the being away from your daughter?"

"Eh I'm okay just missing her and we barely got here."

"Yeah but it'll probably go by fast and before you know it you'll be back home with Jenny," I told him as I patted him on his shoulder and made my way to the restroom to freshen up. I heard some muffled conversation in the room but it was short-lived. I washed my hands and was about to dry them on the hand towel but nothing was on the small shelf. I thought maybe they just forgot the small towel but when I made my way to where the bigger towels should be it was empty. I just wiped my hands on the lower half of my shirt, I wasn't really bothered by it but then I realized that we're probably going to need them later. I opened the door and walked out of the restroom. "Hey man, there's no towels so I'm gonna go to the lobby to go get some. Do you need anything from there?"

"No, I think I'm all set but thank you tho," he replied as I nodded in acknowledgment and made my way to the first floor.

I reached the front desk and asked the man up if we could have towels, he nodded and said that they would bring them up to the room because they didn't have any at the moment. I just said a quick thank you and went on my way to explore the setup they had for the competition. I walked around looking at the things before noticing Brooke scolding Tim by grabbing him by the ear which made me laugh a little before something got my attention. Or more like someone.

"Andrew?" a familiar voice called making me freeze in my position not wanting to turn around. I knew I couldn't avoid her, especially at this specific event. She said my name once again, this time with more certainty.

I closed my eyes for a moment and let out a small sigh before turning around to face the girl who I wish I never saw again. "Hey, Claire"