00

Odette and Derek escaped their wedding and walked along the lake where mere weeks before, she'd been cursed to transform into a swan after dark.

Derek pulled Odette along and they stopped short of a bridge. He went to kiss her and she asked, "Will you love me, Derek? Till the day I die?"

"No," Derek replied, shaking his head. "Much longer than that, Odette. Much longer."

The two kissed and Odette put her hand on Derek's shoulder while his ran through her hair.

Odette's eyes opened and she frowned, seeing a purple smoke. "Derek, what is that?"

Derek turned and frowned. "I'm not sure." He took her hands and said, "Odette, whatever comes, know that I will love you for far longer than forever."

She touched his cheek. "And I you."

He kissed her again, though it was more desperate.

The two laced their hands together and they were soon separated.

---

Odette woke in an apartment to sun shining through the windows.

She slipped on a pair of jeans and a white blouse. She put on a pair of white ballet flats and went outside.

As she walked along the street, she passed a tall man with hair touching his shoulders.

The two exchanged a smile before walking in opposite directions.

[Chapters begin next week! Hope y'all enjoyed the teaser!]