15| A bit of fun

It had been about two weeks since the start of your little arrangement with Sarah and everything had been great.

Nobody knew about the two of you, everyone thinking you were just two friends helping each other through their breakups. No one suspected anything was going on, and you wanted to keep it that way.

Unfortunately things like this always have a way of coming out, but to your luck it happened to be to your best friends. Seamus and Dean had unfortunately walked into a very private moment between you and Sarah.

There was lots of screaming as the boys scrambled to cover their eyes. Once everyone had calmed down, and the shock had subsided, the two of you told them of your arrangement, and how it was just a bit of fun for the both of you. And now all Seamus seemed to be able to do was to tease the two of you any chance he got, and most especially when the two of you disappeared for hours on end.

And now was one of those moment. You and Sarah had just arrived to the great hall from your dorm and hadn't been seen by the two for a few hours. They had already figured out not to come looking once you disappeared.

The two of you sat down at the gryffindor table, not noticing how the two boys continued to stare as you began to fill your plates with food.

Noticing how no one had spoken you looked up, a suspicious look on your face as you saw the small smirk on Seamus' face and Dean struggling to hide his smile.

"What is it now," you mumbled, an already unimpressed look on your face as you stared back at the two. Sarah was quick to start checking your face and neck. Unfortunately a similar occasion had occurred a few days ago, when Seamus had noticed a hickey slightly peeking out from the collar of your shirt.

"What is it," you asked in a whisper, noticing a slightly panicked look on the younger girls face.

"You're wearing a hufflepuff tie," she mumbled, barely audible to anyone but you.

Your eyes widened at her statement, looking down to find her hufflepuff tie around your neck. You look down to her neck, finding, as you expected, a gryffindor tie around hers.

Cursing to yourself you scrambled to take off the tie, noticing a few people around you had noticed before you. Sarah herself was beginning to take off the tie as well, quickly handing it to you as she began to put hers on.

Once the correct tie was securely around your neck, you relaxed a bit, the few people who had noticed beginning to look away. You threw a glare towards the two boys sitting in front of you, the two struggling to hold in their laughter before it finally burst out. Their faces beginning to turn red.

You rolled your eyes, finally beginning to eat as their laughter began to fade away. As you aimlessly looked around the room your eyes connected with a gryffindor who sat at the other end of the table.

There was an unknown look in her eyes. Something you couldn't recognize immediately but quickly found to be a look of hurt? Her stare only lasted a few more seconds before her attention was stolen by the only Weasley you hated.

You watched as he offered her a drink, making sure she took a sip before he took his attention away from her and back to his best friend. Once he had looked away her gaze flickered back to you just for a few seconds. But that look in her eyes had disappeared.

Confused, you looked away from her quickly. And spent the rest of the dinner thinking of that small interaction.

~

A small moan escaped her lips as you kissed your way down her neck. Her hands tangling into your hair as she held you close to her body, desperate for you to continue.

After dinner Sarah had asked you to come back to her dorm, which you quickly accepted. Hermione was all you could think about during dinner and you needed something to take your mind off her.

Unfortunately your desperate attempt for a distraction seemed useless. Even now she seemed to be all you could think about.

"Is something wrong," Sarah asked breathlessly, slightly pushing you back.

"No, I'm fine," you mumbled, quickly pushing your lips onto hers.

"Nope, something's wrong. You seem out of it," she said, pushing you away as you let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry. I just," you began, stopping in attempt to find your words. "Something happened at dinner. Well, nothing actually happened. She just, I saw her staring at me."

"Go on," Sarah said listening intently, not seeming to be bothered.

"She looked, I don't know. Hurt? I mean she's quick to figure things out, and obviously she's figured it out now. Ever since she got with Weasley she's just looked, empty. And today she looked normal, it was just for a second but it was there."

"Was this the first time you two have had any interaction since everything happened?"

"Yeah, I wasn't exactly desperate to talk to her."

"Well, maybe you should try? Or don't, it's up to you. Maybe a bit of closure is all you need."

You nodded, laying down next to her as you thought of what do next. You were never really together, you knew that of course. But you thought she had some sort of feelings for you.

In fact, you thought she was going to end your plan and going to admit to returning your obvious feelings for her. You looked to Sarah next to you, who happened to already be looking at you.

Whatever you we're going to do would have to wait for later. Right now you were going to continue to distract yourself.

~

The next few weeks were normal, you went to class, spent time with the boys and Sarah, and visited your new favorite spot frequently.

After not being able to step foot in the library you decided to find a new spot to study. It was a small corridor, one that was rarely occupied. The light from the outside filled it with light perfectly, and it brought you peace.

It was where you were now, but unfortunately for you, your peace was broken for the first time when a hesitant voice spoke up.

"Can I talk to you?"

~

Author's note: ayo wassup im back. this was a pretty short chapter but sorry i kept you all waiting. just haven't had any time at all, school is kicking my ass. but anyways hope y'all enjoyed.

 but anyways hope y'all enjoyed