12| Homecoming sadness.

CAROLINE'S eyebrows furrowed as she watched the mcphee girl dance around her brothers room, staring right at the tv screen as the song from footloose played

CAROLINE'S eyebrows furrowed as she watched the mcphee girl dance around her brothers room, staring right at the tv screen as the song from footloose played. " oh, my god. i love footloose. don't you guys love to dance? i am so excited about the homecoming dance next weekend." the blonde smiled, continuing her dancing. caroline's face cringed together as she was sat beside pacey, the two friends turned to each other, before back to andie.

"the homecoming dance? oh, my god. we're hanging out with marcia brady." he smirked, causing caroline to slightly laugh. "i don't understand. what's wrong with the school dance?" andie frowned, staring at the group with sadness in her eyes "i think what paceys just saying is that we're not exactly the school dance type. expect, caroline, of course." dawson smiled towards his sister, making her playfully flip her hair.

"yeah, we'd rather watch a movie about a high school dance than actually step foot inside a over-decorated gym." joey gave her a look, before pacey added on. "in fact, this indictment of high school conventions isn't really just limited to dances. it kind of covers the whole spectrum of school-sponsored events." pacey crossed his arms, turning to joey. "case in point— joey, how many high school football games have you been to?" wondered pacey, earning a smirking look from joey.

"none." she bluntly spoke. caroline simply just sat back, and watched. listening as her friends protest this idea to go to the dance. "and dawson, how many pep rallies have you locally attended." paceys eyebrows furrowed towards the blonde, "zero." he nodded his head. "see? caroline is the only one who has done any of that. two of those being because she's on the cheerleading team." pacey shrugged, earning a smiling look from caroline. "captain." she winked.

andie only scoffed, staring at the group in shock. "you guys are a bunch of cynics, you know that? i mean, what kind of high school memories are you guys going to have, if all you did in high school was bitch and moan about everything?" andie groaned at the four, giving them pointed looks. "bitching memories." joey answered, making a dawson speak up. "moaning memories."

"you guys are completely sabotaging your high school experience." andie crossed her arms, clearly annoyed with the group. "guilty as charged. now, dawson, if you don't mind, would you turn the video back on? i really want to see who's responsible for kevin bacons roguish, devil-may-care hairdo." pacey smirked at the blonde, watching as she parted her lips, staring at him in shock with her hands on her hips.

caroline continued to sit and watch, leaning herself back to rest on the headboard, and taking a sip of her soda. andie swiftly walked in front of the tv, giving the four disappointed looks. "you mean you would rather watch a movie about something, than doing it yourselves?" she grumbled their ways, earning a nod from caroline and pacey. "correct." joey and dawson spoke at the same time, before smiling at her.

andie finally moved out of the way, taking a seat on the chair beside the tv, crossing her legs. caroline continued to sip her drink, listening as andie spoke up, once again. "ok, what about sex?" she bluntly spoke, causing caroline to choke on her drink. she let out heavy coughs, covering her mouth as her friends turned to her in concern. andies eyebrows had furrowed towards her, before slightly shaking her head and continuing her words. "i mean, you guys are missing a major opportunity here. why else do you think the bible-thumpers in footloose were so adamant about outlawing dancing? they believed it to be sinful." she cheekily smirked at the group.