Rebellion

The lights buzz on, illuminating the sombre surroundings of my cell and I already feel the depression for the day ahead, set in. 

“Time to get up, you lazy bastards!” Garratt, the grossly iniquitous lead nurse bellows as he thumps his baton on each of our doors. The hate I maintained for that fucking cretin was inexpressible and I often went out of my way to make sure he knew that. 

“Come on Gray, look alive!” 

I groan and toss my arm across my eyes. What was the fucking point of getting up just to sit in the lounge area and watch another day pass us by? 

I was not only enveloped by a crippling amount of excruciation but depression had made a potent arrival too meaning I would not be doing as I was told today. 

The night before had been one of the hardest I have ever been forced to live through and by some unlucky fucking chance, I had managed to endure it. The universe and its sick sense of humour seemed to love prolonging my suffering. 

Jase and Silas had made a surprise visit whilst the other captives sat down to eat their evening meal, if you could even call it that anyway. Rotten apples and mouldy bread hardly qualifies as a nutritious diet. 

The two of them escorted me to the treatment room where they proceeded to demonstrate just how much they had missed kicking the shit out of me. Jase had held my arms behind my back whilst Silas went to town ramming his fists into my stomach. When they changed places, Jase made sure to assault my head the most, knocking three of my back teeth out and leaving my jaw dislocated. 

The two psychopaths eventually grew bored of beating me and chained me up onto what we captives know as ‘The Fence’. The Fence was nothing more than a rusted mesh frame that shot harsh and relentless bolts of electricity through anything that is tied to it. For Jase and Silas it was like a shiny new toy that they couldn’t leave alone. I was left tied to the frame all night and the electricity had been set to shoot through in a sporadic pattern which shocked me if I started to fall asleep. 

They both repeatedly drilled me about how worthless I was and how I was only useful for one thing. That part of the ordeal didn’t overly affect me as it was nothing I wasn’t accustomed to hearing, only at that point I was hearing it from other men rather than just Jordan Gray. 

Two  hours had passed since that last rush of electricity ran through me, yet my muscles still spasmed and convulsed at random.

“Gray! I'm not going to tell you again! Get up!” Garrett, growled for the third time. His nasally fucking voice drove me mad. The prick constantly sounded as though he was suffering from a sinus infection. 

Just as he did most mornings, for the sole purpose of adding a dramatic flare to his superior position, the fat, pig-resembling asshole began to hammer his baton against my door. 

“Then why don't you fuck off and come back later, Gary?!” I shout, irritated by the loud banging. I knew I was in for some form of repercussion as Garrett hated whenever I would refer to him as 'Gary'. 

According to Jordan, I did not maintain the superior rank to mock Garrett and therefore was not allowed to disrespect him in any possible way. However, the hilarious thing was, when I told Jordan how Garrett had kneaded my breasts inappropriately with a knife to my throat as I showered, Jordan didn’t see any issue with it and gave the pervert his blessing to do it again! 

That last remark seemed to have crossed a line and my door was unlocked and hauled open. 

“On your feet, Gray”

I didn't move. It was partially the fact I couldn't without a tsunami of aches, shocks and stabbing pains shooting through me but more because I simply didn’t want to. I fucking hated Garrett and was sure as hell not going to do as he said.