meeting his mom

—————

"Baby, is that you?"

(Y/N) perked up at the sound of Harry's voice traveling through the closed tattoo shop. She was all too excited when she heard him, the lingering drawl of his gruff voice after a long day of interacting with clients drawing her to him. She dropped her school bag off by the front desk in a heap before she scuttled down the hall to his office.

"Hi, H," she bubbled, watching as he turned from his desk with a soft smile on his face and a light in his eyes when he saw her.

"Thought y'were gonna meet me at home," he prattled, opening his arms to welcome her on his lap. It made her heart warm whenever he referred to his place as her home, thoughts filtering around about one day possibly sharing a real home with him.

She bounded to him, situating herself astride his lap with her arms linked around his neck. He left his hair down for the day, the curling tendrils floating around his shoulders. His eyeliner was on its last legs for the day, having started his day early only to still be there after close. A silken black top was stretched over his chest, the top buttons left open to leave his tattoos on display, the bird's wings peeking out with the rose bush filler twining up his neck. The smile on his mouth cause the hoop pierced around his lip to bob, the metal shining in the low light.

"You said you were going to spend some more time here, so I thought I'd just meet you here instead. I hope that's okay, I know you need to get work done so I don't mean to distract you or anything," she rambled, fingers twirling the curls of his hair around her fingers as a way to channel the bubbling nerves that just made way in her head.

"I can't say y'won't distract me, but y'know I don't mind when y'come visit me. I was starting to miss you a little too much anyway, so 'm really happy you're here," he murmured, dipping his head and finally pressing a greeting kiss to her lips.

(Y/N) fought back a sigh as she melted into the contact. Her long day of classes had definitely gotten to her, along with the hours of homework she was pushing to finish before the weekend, and Harry was acting like the oasis for her fried brain. She slotted her lips against his, the full of her bottom lip fit between his two as her arms around his neck tightened. With his hands on her waist, he hugged her to his chest, keeping her flush against him as if his heart felt safer that way, so close to its home.

She was the first to pull back, aware of the fact he had a pile of paperwork left to go through on his desk. "How was your day? Did that one appointment go well? The back piece?" she rattled off, trying her best to recall what he had told her when she was half asleep the night before.

"Yeah, wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be," he nodded, "Only took me a couple of hours, so I was able to take a longer lunch. But, how about you, love bug? Classes go alright?"

"They were okay, just lots of information and I feel like I'm falling behind on some of my papers," she explained, deflating in his lap.

Leaving the post on her waist, he brought one of his hands up and brushed back a strand of hair that threatened to fall in her face. "I'm sure you're doing fine, love, you're jus' hard on yourself. And you know 'm more than happy to help if y'need anything."

"Thank you," she peeped, falling into his chest with her head snuggled against his shoulder. This was the best way he could help her, just by holding her and letting her talk out some of her anxieties.

"We need a vacation, don't we?" Harry murmured, planting a kiss to the crown of her head.

A smile bloomed across her features, head filling with thoughts about taking time away with just Harry without the pressure of school following or his head constantly in the office of the tattoo shop. "That sounds so nice."