Kim Namjoon | Thanksgiving

"Iris" The male from the adjacent bedroom beamed.

I hummed while I continued to fold my clothes to put in the wardrobe.

"Iriiissss"

"Yes Namjoon speak!?"

"Let's stop this, I'm tired!"

We had decided to clean our bedrooms and wardrobes since Christmas was approaching.

Kim Namjoon and i had been together since I could remember because our parents were close friends of each other. We shared an apartment and had two different rooms just opposite to each other.

We had kept our doors open and so we could talk to each other and played Christmas songs. It had really hit us that Christmas was in like a month since we hardly had time to register the days that passed because of our work.

"Don't whine about it Joon, you said we'll do it. Don't back away"  I said while walking near entrance of my bedroom door looking how he absentmindedly put his books in his closet. 

Next thing I saw was him plopping himself on the ground, messily rolling around.

"But I don't want to do it anymore"

"Look at your closet, your bedroom, It is so much messier than mine! And Christmas is already here Namjoon, It should look for once. Besides i'm done with mine" I argued while folding my hands

"I'm almost done Iris! Look today is thanksgiving. Let's go out and chill for sometime! Pleaaasseee"

"Fine, do it tomorrow"

Namjoon expressions flashed pure joy and he hurriedly got up and closed the door while screaming "get ready"

I was amused at how someone can be this lazy to do his own work and just a mere thought of hanging out can galvanise a man 'child'.

Well, yes.

We were 25 year old folks living in a street in Paris.

"Did you lock the door?" I asked him while fixing my muffler looking at the twilight infront of me, a smile creeping on my face.

"Yes I did, did you take the keys?"

I walked ahead but I halted. I blinked my eyes and slowly turned to him with knitted eyebrows.

"The door was....locked by you?" I asked him with a "bro what" tone.

"Oh yeah but the keys— shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit where are the keys?

I frustratingly sighed

"You know this is the third time you lost you your keys and I found it for you"

"Iris, you sneering at me is not helping right now. We'll be homeless soon enough if you don't help me find it again."

"Urgh, Search on door mat"

Just when he bent down I saw the key in his back jean pocket

"You never are going to be responsible, are you? It's here..take"

We left the house and walked until Namjoon caught my wrist and pulled me to a store which named House of Holiday. I was dumbfounded when realisation hit me that we hadn't done much shopping for Christmas stuff except for the tree. We were extremely tied up with our work schedule so couldn't spare time to buy everything.

"What do you wanna buy?" He asked me while wandering through the aisles of the shop.

"Um I don't have anything on mind since we didn't plan on going out for shopping"