Chapter 15: Lungmen part 1

A/N: Nya.

A/N: Don't be surprised of the particular start of the chapter

The young cautus knelt down in front of the corpse that was leaning against some ruins in front of her, a lung and a giant beside her. The gas mask and hood were still in place on the young ursus' head, but the girl's eyes underneath the mask were empty. Exactly like those of the cautus who looked like her soul had just been torn out... Which was not completely false if one was careful.

Amiya: W-why... Why? We are both infected... So, why? Is this our destiny? To kill each other until not one of us survives?

Like her eyes, her voice had no emotion left in it. Sadness, anger, joy, everything was gone. Or more exactly, life had disappeared as she pulled off the enemy's gas mask to show the face of a child, dead, short white hair, shards of originium embedded in her skin at the face, and two glassy blue eyes that the cautus couldn't stop looking at. Not being able to bear to see the state of the rabbit, the doctor opened his mouth.

Sebastian: Amiya it's not your-

Amiya: Shut up!

In a fit of rage the cautus looked at him gnashing her teeth before standing up angrily to slap him, rubbing his cheek the doctor looked at her his face breaking down.

Amiya: You're always telling others that it's not their fault, unable to do anything else! You didn't even tried to fight! I killed her and her sister! You dare to call yourself a doctor but you weren't able to save them or anyone else! All you do around you is spread death! It's my fault and yours too! Because you weren't even able to defend yourself and because I was too stupid and tried to save you! I should have let you die! I hate you!!!

*Scream*

A terrible scream echoed through the doctor's quarters as he jumped up from his couch covered in sweat.

Quickly he felt a pain in his chest and regaining control of his body he started his heart which had stopped due to excessive stress. His heart returned to normal thanks to the giant's control over his own heart as he calmed his breathing as best he could.

The same dream again...

The same one he'd been having every time he tried to get some shut-eye since they'd started making their way to Lungmen. Even when he was just trying to take a nap on his couch like in this case.

Tired, the good doctor sat down on the couch normally running his hand through his short hair to discover that he was covered in sweat...

Sebastian: 'Might have to take a shower now...'

The same dream, again and again... Given the repetition of these dreams, he began to think that it was not just a nightmare, but a premonition. The lung looked vaguely familiar but he could never see her face clearly, the ursus on the other hand in front of which Amiya was kneeling did not remind him of anyone.