Chapter 1

Jungkook was on his way back home from his night shift at Jung's Cafe. A 24/7 cafe owned but a renowned writer Jung Hoseok who also happens to be his close friend.

He's been working for three years there already and is still quite fascinated by how homely that cafe feels but then it's normal cause Hoseok is the nearest thing to family for jungkook, and home is where family is.

His shift starts from 11 pm to 5 am on weekdays. Which explains why he's lurking in the alleyways at this hour like some creep. Which he is not. It's just that life has been a little unfair to him because who would like to work until 5 am, And not stay in bed?

Exactly, No one.

The winter is setting in and it's quite chilly outside. He pulls the ends of the pale yellow scarf around his neck to tighten it, to feel as much warmth as the woolen scarf can provide. His soft white sweater size 2 bigger on him, is giving him sweater paws, and at his mid-thigh length. His light blue beanie covers his long hair but some stray fringes are framing his porcelain face and hanging over his doe eyes.

His house is not that far from the cafe. It's relatively a small walk home, which he appreciates, cause it's too much of a struggle to walk home when you are sleep-deprived and not that alert.

He reaches the patio of his humble residence, which he bought with his own money and is quite proud of, and takes his keys out from his shoulder bag's side pocket. He's about to unlock it when he hears a groan.

Not that of simple discomfort or anything but pain.

He halts, his Bambi eyes widening at the thought of someone gravely hurt and in need of help. He knows how it feels to be writhing in pain and not have someone to null it for him.

He turns around and starts to walk towards the sound which is suspiciously coming from his backyard. His backyard?

Hearing the groan again, his steps quicken a pace with his mind a little hazy and light from his night-long shift but still alert with the thought of what he might see.

His feet take him to the bushes fencing his backyard. He barely makes out the outline of a figure hunched along with them, seemingly the cause of groans.

In a moment and with newfound energy he bends down on his knees to take a clear look at the man who he thinks is in some pain.

"Excuse me, Sir?" His voice echoes in the quiet night, a bit grave because he dealt with customers all night long.
The man in question groans and with much trouble pushes his head back. His golden hair covered his eyes.

Jungkook takes his time to reflect his eyes on the stranger noticing that he is quite built and bigger in impression than he looked when he was hunched. His shoulders trembled with the tremors of pain raking through his body.

Jungkook is conflicted between assisting the stranger or feeling scared cause it's not every day that you found a man in your backyard.

Another throaty groan leaves the man's plump lips which he just noticed are redder than deemed normal and a bit chapped but he must admit that those lips look like heaven and bliss that he dared not to ever dream of, cause for people like jungkook suffering are all they know and heaven is too much of an endorsement to ponder.

Jungkook suddenly being aware of him staring at some stranger's lips like some creep blooms red and snaps his eyes upward peering that although he can't see the stranger's face properly, the man still seems amused.
"Um- i- Well- " Gradually he turns redder because of his babbled stutters and cause 'How improper!' he scolds himself in his mind 'to stare at someone's lips. it's rude!'

A chuckle leaves the said plump lips in question and a 'Yes?'
Jungkook malfunctions at the husky voice and feels like a religious man obligated to respond to the call of his own God.
Jungkook's eyes grew a bit wider at his impossible thoughts and hurry to say.

"Um- i- Yes! I mean you look like you are in pain" he starts in that meek tone of his that indicates how he is a bit nervous "And I um- I just wanted to ask that." He trails off a bit hesitant to say further. 'Oh God

The blonds haired man tilts his head in question and jungkook feels the floodgate of his words breaking and hurries to add, "Would you like to come inside and call someone to come and get you? I mean it's your choice if you want to stay here and wait for them but I think it's too cold for that but maybe you are not cold cause you know you are wearing a coat and all that but if you would like to come inside then you can I can lend you my phone that is only if you do not have yours but if you had-"

He is abruptly cut off by the sound of a deep and rich chuckle and proceeds to turn scarlet at his own babbles. How embarrassing.

The stranger regards him with a fond look from those silver orbs of his that are suddenly in his line of sight as the man has pushed his hair out of his face.
Jungkook releases that the man sure has a unique but beautiful pair of eyes

The man takes his hand out from somewhere under the layers of jackets to reach out and held it open in front of jungkook.

Jungkook looks at the hand in confusion. Surely it's a beautiful hand but what?
Kook looks at the man in confusion and uncertainty but places his hand in his.
The man chuckles again and shakes his head while uttering a small 'let's go?

Seeing the clueless look on the cute boy's face the man shakes his head again with utter fondness and proceeds to mutter an 'Inside'.

Jungkook finally gets his brain cells back and bobs his head hurriedly and stands up to help the injured man up.

Hauling the man up which proves to be quite difficult he places his arm around his waist and tries to steady them both.

On his way to the front door, he gets to know that the man's name is Jimin which he thinks is beautiful like everything else about the man in question.

He balances jimin against the wall and unlocks the door promptly, staggering inside he makes a beeline to the sofa in his small but cozy living room and places jimin carefully on the sofa, placing cushions around him to make him feel comfortable, and drapes a blanket, placed on the back of the couch, on jimin to keep him warm.

Wow, What a day.

TBC