chapter 29

A/N: *throws the chapter at you and then runs away to hide*

When Jugyeong calls you that weekend to ask for some help with looking for a part time job, you're happy to walk around town with her to search. She had noticed how sad you had been lately, not really knowing the reason behind it (aside from the fact that it had something to do with Seojun, which everybody had picked up on), and thought that it would be a nice chance for the two of you to spend some time together and get your mind off things.

Your first try had been to ask your manager if there were any job vacancies at the coffee shop that you work at, hoping you could recommend Jugyeong if there was, but she told you there weren't any. Since your mother had first been hospitalised and unable to work, you had gotten a job to help pay for her hospital bills and the overall living expenses. You'd reassured her that you would do your best to earn money instead, and that all she should focus on or worry about was getting better.

As soon as you moved towns one of your first tasks had been to look for a job just in case, since your mother still doesn't work. Even after she had gotten out of hospital you'd begged her not to go back to work because you were worried that she wouldn't be able to cope, and she reluctantly agreed because she didn't want to worry you any more than she already had been.

At the moment you only really work on weekends and holidays, since your mother is doing quite well at the moment and you still have enough money to live off for a while, the job just being a back up in case you urgently need to earn some money (rather than panicking and searching when you're desperate). It just meant that, in case something did happen, you knew you had some place to go to earn some money rather than wasting time while looking for a job when the time came.

The coffee shop owner had instantly taken a liking to you when you arrived one day to ask for a job, and you easily became one of her favourite employees. She also, thankfully, understood your situation and let you have a bit more flexibility in terms of your shifts at work, letting you take as many or as little shifts as you needed. She was very understanding, telling you that you could ask her for help whenever you needed, and you appreciated it greatly.

When you call to ask if there are any job vacancies for Jugyeong, your manager tries her best to accommodate. She trusts that Jugyeong must be good if you're recommending her, but unfortunately she'd told you that all the spaces were already full. That's why you and Jugyeong end up stroll around your local shopping centre, searching for places that might have any job vacancies for Jugyeong.

After searching for a while and being unsuccessful in finding anyone that would accept Jugyeong, you both decide to take a little break. Jugyeong says she needs to go to the bathroom so you nod and wait outside for her, but after a few minutes you suddenly hear a scream from inside. You move to open the door to see what's wrong when the store suddenly bursts open and, to your shock, Seojun runs out. You stare at him with a mixture of shock and confusion because why is he coming out of the girl's bathroom?

He freezes when he sees you before running away in embarassment while you just stand there in surprise, staring at the door where he was standing just a few seconds prior. Jugyeong exits the bathroom a few moments later, Seojun passing the two of you at the same time.

"Are you doing a photoshoot or something?" Jugyeong asks him. He takes a quick glance in your direction, but you look down to avoid eye contact. He just sighs before turning back to Jugyeong.
"Yep, see you," he responds shortly, before disappearing into a room nearby.

Jugyeong immediately grabs your arm and tugs you in the direction of the room Seojun entered, curious about what he was doing and finding the concept of a photoshoot intriguing. You're reluctant because, while you're equally as interested, you still don't want to see Seojun. She doesn't give you much of a say though, wordlessly pulling you into the room before you can react.

The two of you look around in awe, you getting distracted by all of the beautiful outfits and decor around the room while Jugyeong catches Seojun's attention.
"Why are you still here?" he asks her, irritation evident in his tone, you not noticing the two are talking because you'd started to walk around the room to admire everything.
"It looked cool, so I stayed to watch for bit," she responds sheepishly.

"Wait a second, are you Seojun's girlfriend?" the photographer asks Jugyeong when he notices Seojun talking to her, and the two of them are quick to deny. The two bicker for a few moments, before Jugyeong turns to look for you to leave.
"Wait!" the photographer calls out, so Jugyeong turns back to him in confusion.

"Would you like to do a photoshoot today?" He explains that he's in a little bit of a tough situation because the female model suddenly couldn't make it for the shoot, and Jugyeong ponders for a moment. She glances over at Seojun who throws her an annoyed look, his eyes stern as if to say don't you dare. The idea hits her when she notices you looking around with a soft smile on your face, still not noticing that Jugyeong is mid-conversation with the photographer and Jugyeong.

"I'm sorry, I can't," she says, and Seojun lets out a breath of relief. Jugyeong lets out a little smirk though, before grabbing your arm and pulling you towards the two males. You look at her in confusion, politely bowing at the photographer and quickly making eye contact with Seojun and looking away. "My friend here can do it though!"

A smile quickly erupts onto the photographer's face, while you continue to look between them in confusion. Jugyeong had noticed that there was something going on between you and Seojun, so she hopes this will maybe give you the chance to speak to Seojun and maybe sort things out.

You look at Jugyeong in question when the photographer claps and everybody begins moving around, and she throws you a sheepish smile before explaining what's going on. Your eyes widen in panic and you shake your head quickly.
"No, please don't make me do this Jugyeong," you beg, but she pushes you to do it.

"I'm going to go and buy some snacks and maybe ask a few more stores if they have any jobs available, I'll be back soon okay?" You grab her arm with pleading eyes when she moves to turn around, and she brings you into a hug.
"Talk to him, please? I don't know what happened between the two of you but I think you should at least talk things out."

Your expression shifts to a pout when she walks away, throwing you a final reassuring smile before disappearing out the room. You take a quick look at Seojun who stares at you with an unreadable expression, before being whisked away by one of the stylists to change your outfit.