Being alone with Kawaki for a day:

It would normally take you quite a while to wake your adopted son up: Kawaki Uzumaki, because he was a heavy sleeper. Also because he hated mornings. Even worse then your husband: Naruto, and you're real son: Boruto.

So, you decided that it was best just to try to wake up Kawaki at noon and see how it goes; while you busy yourself with cooking and getting Himawari dressed for her first day at the ninja academy.

Meanwhile, Naruto was at the hokage's office as usual and Boruto was out with team 7 on a mission.

So it would be just you and Kawaki for today, and you're kinda shy but excited at the same time as this would be your first time alone together.

"Have a good day, Himawari dear!" You called out to your daughter as she left the house to get to the academy.

You finish off the dishes and then put the food away in the fridge for later and then you stand and think.

You then decide to go up to go check on Kawaki.

You went upstairs and peeked in through the door to see. Kawaki was fast asleep in his bed.

So cute~

After, you went back downstairs to watch some tv until noon.

As soon as it turned noon, you reconsidered waking up your adopted son. But in the end you gained the courage and went upstairs and started to knock on Kawaki's bedroom door: "K-Kawaki? Kawaki, are you up!?"

From inside the room was a little groan, and you assumed that was Kawaki beginning to wake up, so you knocked on again: "Come on Kawaki, wake up."

There were some shuffling inside after and a few more groans before the door soon opened and Kawaki was there rubbing his eyes: "Uhh, what?"

"Anymore sleeping and you'll end up never waking up again." You smiled and tried to keep on a kind face.

"You know that's not true right?"

"I know. I was just playing." You tried to lighten up the mood as at times...well 99.9% of the time, Kawaki was a sour puss. But you loved the child deep inside your heart.

"Mmmgh, did you wake me up just to tell me that?" Kawaki groaned.

"Do you even know what time it is?" You put your hands on your hips.

"No?"

"It's noon. You're too young to be sleeping in."

"Who says?"

"Come on Kawaki." You tried to smile then, and you reached out to take your adopted son's hand into the both of yours.

Kawaki didn't attempt to stop you.

"Breakfast is in the fridge. We can eat together if you like. I also have the tv on." You suggested.

Kawaki just sighed at this and lowered his shoulders: "Fine whatever. If it'll get you to stop being so clingy to me."

"Thank you Kawaki." You were so happy that he agreed.

You get down and into the kitchen with Kawaki and as you turned up the tv slightly, Kawaki sat down and waited.

You got the food out and dished it out for both of you before sitting down and enjoying the meal together.

But even with the tv on, it was still just earily quiet when there was no conversation going on, so looking up at Kawaki, you tried to start a conversation: "So, um...Kawaki. How was your sleep."

"Fine." Kawaki didn't look up.

"...W-When did you fall asleep?"

"Late."

This was getting nowhere.

But still you smiled and contuined: "...It is Himawari's first day at the academy today. Ever think that you would some day try to become a ninja?"

That got Kawaki glancing up at you for a brief second, before hesitating.

You looked up at Kawaki then; noticing.

Kawaki was at a lose of words now, and he just adverted his eyes frowning in thought.

You saw this as an invitation to contuine going: "You don't have to have the answer right now. You're probably sick of all of the fighting after the defeat of the Kara. I understand. But I do hope you remember what Naruto-, your father told you about-"

"Ninja's are not all that bad, and that they could do good, and protect and bond with people, I know. The old man's told me a conzillion times." Kawaki interrupted. "It's just..."

"It's just..." You waited for Kawaki to contuine, patiently.

"......I don't know. It's complicated." Kawaki ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"I know, and you don't have to explain yourself or have an answer." You smiled. "Just take it easy and work things out for yourself, okay?"

"....Ok."

"Good. Now eat up and maybe after we can go out for a walk. It is a lovely day after all."

"....Sure."

You were overjoyed!