xix

"Haz," Zain says, tugging on his shirt as his stylist leaves.

Harry looks up from where he is rolling a ball at Hania. His stomach still flutters when Zain crouches down beside him, brushing Harry's hair from his face. It's been three days since their first kiss, eleven kisses since then, and his breath still catches in his chest when Zain presses his lips to Harry's.

"Can you stay to watch tonight?" he asks, taking the toy Hania hands him and cooing down at her, immediately distracted.

"I always stay," Harry says, frowning slightly.

"Yea, but sometimes you go outside with Hania," Zain says, tickling Hania and making her shriek with laughter. "Can you stay tonight?"

"Of course," Harry says, touching Zain's forearm. "Why?"

"Just because," Zain says, grinning at him like he has a secret. "Thank you," he says, leaning forward to kiss Harry again, licking into his mouth gently. 

Harry sags forwards, helpless. He needed to get used to it or his heart would give out one day soon. 

"See you in a bit," Zain says, when he pulls back, leaving Harry flushed and shaky. He blows a raspberry to Hania's cheek, getting up just as someone knocks on the door. 

Rose grins at him as Zain steps outside, waggling her eyebrows even though she can't know that anything has changed. 

"What's baba planning, love?" Harry asks once he has recovered somewhat, brushing a hand over her head. 

She babbles back, unconcerned, smashing her toys onto the floor and rolling her ball towards him and missing wildly. 

🤍

He's not sure why Zain insisted he stay when the concert is great - as they always are - but nothing special. He rocks Hania, his arms heavy with it because she has started crying as soon as he puts her down, stubborn and cranky, and tries not to be in the way.

"I'm gonna sing a new song," Zain says after his last song, making Harry look up in surprise. 

"Is this what he's been up to?" he asks Hania quietly, who has finally started keeping her eyes closed instead of forcing them open again, soon he'd be able to put her down. "Writing new songs behind out back?" he continues, stroking her cheek. 

Need you when I'm broken, Zain starts singing and Harry feels himself blush hotly. 

Zain hasn't said, but- he rocks Hania and tries not to think too much about why and enjoy the song for what it is. It is beautiful, text and music, and he always loves when Zain shows off his range.

He'll have to find it on youtube tomorrow, hopefully in good quality, until it was released on Spotify, whenever Zain decided to release his new album. Not that that would be soon, he doesn't think Zain would keep those things from him. Fortunately, Zain's fans were pretty good at making things available online. Zain could never know but it was soothing to both Hania and him to hear him singing when he was gone, even when he was never gone for that long. 

The crowd seems even louder tonight, after, but Zain still comes straight to Harry and Hania, taking her from Harry before he can protests. At least she's properly asleep now, not waking when her father kisses her with too much enthusiasm and then plants a kiss on Harry's lips for all to see. 

"Let's go right to the hotel," Zain says, pulling his mic out of the back of his shirt. Harry takes Hania again, grabbing her pram with his free hand. 

"Don't you want to go change?" he asks, ignoring the eyebrow raise he gets from Rose as she takes Zain's mic from him. 

"Nah," Zain says, grabbing the pram from Harry and setting off towards the exit.

"Are you sure?" Harry asks, hurrying to catch up to him and waving at Rose and the others over his shoulder. 

"Yea," Zain says, patting Liam on the shoulder when he falls in step with them. "That was a good show, yea?"

"Yea," Liam agrees even though Harry's not sure he was even close enough to hear more than the fan's screams. 

"It was," he agrees. "Your new song is very pretty," he adds, feeling himself blush again.

"Thanks, babe," Zain says, sounding almost shy. "I'm glad you like it."

"I do," Harry says and wishes Liam weren't there to witness his awkwardness. Better Liam than anyone else though because Liam might talk a lot but he wouldn't gossip. 

"I'll take Harry and Hania out first," Liam says once they reach the door and Zain nods, slowing down slightly. 

Harry's used to this now, and even with the fans a bit further away, they startled him with their screams before they realised he wasn't Zain. He slips into the car, putting Hania in her seat while Liam puts the pram in the back, his stomach fluttering. 

"You hungry?" Zain asks when he settles in next to Harry, closing his seatbelt and dropping his hand on Harry's thigh. At least Harry's wearing jeans tonight so he doesn't have to endure Zain's hand on his skin.

"No," Harry shakes his head, taking the bottle of water Zain hands him. "I had the last of Hania's snacks while you were on stage."

"Kay," Zain yawns, taking the bottle from Harry and draining the last of it. "Straight to the hotel, then, Liam. Can you believe we're flying home in two days?" he adds to Harry, leaning into Harry's space some more, his cheek against the car seat. 

"Not really," Harry says, Hania's belly raising and falling with every breath beneath his hand. "But I'm happy to go home," he adds more quietly. "You?"

"Yea," Zain yawns, brushing his nose against Harry's shoulder and linking his fingers with Harry's free hand. "Will be nice eating your food again. Miss it." 

He yawns again, oblivious that he's made Harry's heart skip a beat, again. 

"What do you want me to cook first?" Harry asks, feeling ridiculous and pleased. 

He watches Zain's eyelashes flutter against his cheeks, wanting to kiss him even though he stank of sweat.

"Samosas," Zain mutters. "We haven't had Indian once. America is weird."

"Yea," Harry agrees, amused. "Go to sleep."

"Hm," Zain agrees, already dozing off.

🤍

It's been a while, but i rewrote this thrice and just gave up. so. there you go