Chapter Four

"Goodmorning," Brandon greeted the sleepy gang as he and Mac arrived with suitcases in tow.

"Mornin'!" Charlie greets them.

He's ecstatic as he packs trash bags full of clothes and random items into the storage compartment of the RV.

Mac and Brandon place their suitcases into the compartment and Frank locks the bar.

"Who's drivin'?" Frank asks.

"I'll do it!"

"No Chawlie!"

"Aw, why not?"

"We still have to knock you out," Dee stated.

"Oh come on. I don't wanna be knocked out this time,"

"If we don't knock you out we won't even make it outside of Philly," she replied.

"Fine. But I'm knocking myself out,"

Charlie took a bottle out of his jacket pocket and a rag wetting the rag and holding it up to his face. The fumes made him slump and his eyes roll back.

Brandon rushed over to hold Charlie up before he thudded to the ground.

"Is he okay?" he asked slightly panicked.

"He's fine," Frank replied.

"Wow. I thought when he said knocked out he meant taking some melatonin or Benadryl,"

"That doesn't work on Charlie. Mac would you help get Charlie in the RV so we can go,"

"Sure thing Den,"

Mac grabbed a hold of Charlie's legs while Brandon carried him by the shoulders and placed him onto one of the beds.

"What did he inhale? Is he gonna be okay?"

"Don't worry he's fine. I have no idea what he inhaled since he mixes his own stuff but he's got it pretty fine-tuned so he'll be out cold for exactly four hours,"

Brandon nodded.

"Okay," he said even though nothing about this seemed okay.

"No way Frank you are not driving," Dee said exasperated as Frank sat at the driver's seat.

"Well nobody else wants to do it Deandra,"

"I can do it," Brandon blurted.

"He can do it," Frank parroted.

"No," Dennis replied sternly.

"What? Why not?" Frank exclaimed.

"I'll drive," Dennis said in a clipped tone as he rolled his eyes and took the keys from Frank.

"Mac, why don't you stay with Charlie to check his pulse and make sure he doesn't roll off the bed," Dennis stated as he started the vehicle.

"Can Dee or Frank do it?"

"I won't," Dee stated.

"Frank?" Mac said in a pleading tone.

Mac didn't want to get stuck babysitting Charlie and leaving Brandon alone.

"I don't think I could stop Charlie from rollin off the bed,"

Mac rolled his eyes.

"Fine," he huffed as he sat next to Charlie's unconscious body.

A small smile appeared on Dennis' face unbeknownst to everyone as he saw Brandon awkwardly scramble to find a seat through the rearview mirror. Dennis turned his usual road rage up a few notches knowing this would be sure to scare the undesired passengers.