Chapter Nine

"This show sucks," Brandon mumbled sitting on the couch with his arm around Mac.

"Yeah. This dude is so annoying. Like why is he teaching science when he doesn't want to?"

"And he studied philosophy, like why not teach philosophy at some community college. It's better than dealing with high schoolers, and teaching biology,"

He clicked the remote and pressed around as he tried to find something else to watch.

"You wanna go to bed?"

"I'm too tired to get up," Mac mumbled.

"I can carry you," Brandon smiled.

"No you can't,"

"You wanna bet?"

"Yeah, I do,"

"If I can carry you to bed, then you have to make breakfast tomorrow,"

"And what do I get if you can't?" Mac asked.

"It's up to you,"

Mac lazily reached to his hand, clasped it, and shook it and sealed the deal. 

Brandon got up and hooked his arms under Mac holding him up bridal style while Mac clasped around his neck. It reminded him of how he carried Dennis but nobody had ever carried him like this.

"Don't drop me," Mac said slightly paniched

"I won't," he replied with a smile and set Mac down on to the bed.

Mac smiled back as Brandon placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

He reached to his shirt and pulled him down to kiss him on the lips.

It had been about a week since they had officially began dating but they hadn't made it farther than a few heavy makeout sessions.

Mac wasn't sure how fast or slow to take things. His nerves were getting the best of him so he ended the kissed and moved under the covers.

"Do you have to work tomorrow night?"

"Uh nah," Mac replied.

"Good. My friend's are having an early Thanksgiving party thing and I want you to come with me,"

Mac smiled into the pillow.

"Like as your date?"

"Yeah. As my date," Brandon smiled back.

"Do you and the gang celebrate Thanksgiving?" he asked. 

"Not really. Last time we did Dennis and I burned our apartment down," Mac mumbled with a yawn.

"What?"

"Yeah. I don't even know how it happened," he replied sleepily.

"That's terrible,"

"Mhm," Mac mumbled failing to provide more details of

...

"Have you talked to him?"

"No,"

Dee rolled her eyes.

"It's been almost a week,"

"I know," Dennis replied.

"Well then what are you waiting for?"

"I don't know Dee. I guess I'm waiting for the right moment,"

"The right moment is never going to come. You either do or don't,"

Dennis rolled his eyes at his sister, she was right and he hated when she was right. Dennis hadn't even told her that he was in love with Mac. That every moment Mac was away from him became more and more agonizing. It was like she knew without Dennis having to tell her. Maybe it was some weird twin telephaty thing, or maybe it was just super obvious he had repressed feelings for his roommate.