You can ramble, dear.

Åland felt his lover trace his finger over an old scar. He melted at the gentle touch. He always liked how neither of them felt awkward in their relationship. Sure, compared to Denmark's sex life this was definitely considered boring. But Åland wouldn't trade these moments with the Swede for anything. 

Sweden was very uptight around others, even his Scandinavian brothers at times, so to be able to be the person he was never his usual uptight self with made him smile. Neither were too fond of showing so much affection in public, fluffy or not, so to be able to have these moments away from everyone was nice. Almost nothing could disturb the peace.

"Where did this one come from? I don't think I've seen it before..."

Except that. Åland tensed up. He had no shame in his past. There's nothing he greatly regrets.  But remembering the years of unrest wasn't his favorite thing to do.  He didn't like remembering the way the Russians treated him. He didn't like the way he risked his farmers lives to fight for their lives. He didn't like the scar that came out of it all. 

He felt Sweden's hand move to his head. The Swede ran his fingers gently through his soft spiky hair. It calmed his mind. He was grateful his boyfriend knew Åland's facial expressions. 

"You can ramble about it, dear. I don't mind."

Hesitantly, he did just that. He explained the stress he felt. He explained the panic he knew everyone felt. So many people had fled to Sweden for safety. Åland wanted to as well, but he knew he had people to protect from the rambunctious Russians. That's how he got that scar. He looked Russia right in the eye after the other gave it to him. 

 The other cupped his cheek. The blue eyes met his brown, and the Swede pressed his forehead against his own. The two sat in comfortable silence, not needing to say a word to proclaim their love and care for the other. They ended up tangled in the others arms, both somehow on the end of the shared bed. 

Åland takes it back. Nothing could have ruined that night. Not even telling the story of his scar. 

(Sorry it's short ahh)